Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Spring Cleaning



Happy Tuesday!  Once a month I link up with Ashley and Erika who host Tuesday Talk. 

This is a link up where you chat about anything and everything.  

In January we chatted about my infertility and so many of you reached out and shared your story with me. 

In February I shared with you my favorite kids smoothie.

& today I thought... 


Cleaning. I know, I know! 

Some of you are like me and actually enjoy it, and the other 98% of you would rather be doing anything else. I get a lot of feedback that cleaning is always a good topic. Tips, tricks, tools, even just seeing me clean or showing a clean space is enough to motivate some of you. I get it! I find my motivation to be visual as well! And I really want to put together a few cleaning specific posts because do you know what time of the year it is? SPRING CLEANING TIME!

I know I am a little late to the game as spring started in March but we still had snow on the ground so I wasn't motived... then we went away on vacation and when I returned home it was practically summer so I am getting a little bit of a late start.

I am still diving right in and have a long laundry list of things I want to accomplish.  

The biggest thing we do in our house for spring cleaning is changing over the wardrobes.  I pack up all winter hats and mittens... box them up and put them in the attic.  I also pack up snow boots and winter coats... I drag them into the attic and pull out summer stuff.  I think this is the real start of spring cleaning for me... 

I am starting that this afternoon but after the clothing swap I am going to run through these check lists and thought I would share with you in order to help get you through the first hump and get a head start.


Here are the basics.... the master list and the general guide lines I follow.

My first major clean out will be the kitchen and this is how I will manage it.


If you want your kids to get involved we loosely follow this and it helps keep the kids busy so I can get to work... they really like feeling important and part of the process.


I hope this is a great start for you... It really helps me to have a check list and a guide line.  I'll check in with you later in the week with the projects I have completed.  I know it seems overwhelming to those who don't like cleaning or can't find the time but the reward of sitting in a clean house at the end of the day is so well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...