Monday, February 20, 2017

What I Eat in a Day on Ideal Protein


Hi everyone!  I know a lot of you have been asking me about my Ideal Protein diet that I started a few weeks back so I thought I would do a fun "what I eat in a day" post. 

A few disclaimers:

I am not a doctor.

I do what works for me. 

I work with a coach at "my diet place" -which is what I call it.  

I have been on the diet now for a few weeks and I have lost 5-7 pounds...  I say 5-7 because having a menstrual cycle during the diet (in my instance) makes me gain weight.  For the most part though I can comfortably say that I lost 7 pounds. 

So here is what my day looks like.

For breakfast I have one IP food which happens to be my favorite.... the vanilla crispy square.  This is amazing and delicious and I would eat this even if I wasn't on the diet.  I love it.  It tastes just like a rice crispy treat with a strong vanilla taste that I just love.


I have this along with my 8 oz coffee (I am allowed 1 oz of cream a day and that is equivalent to two tablespoons) so I use one tablespoon in my morning cup and if I have another cup later in the day I can have another tablespoon.   Usually mid afternoon I like to have an ice coffee so that is where the second tablespoon usually comes in. 


That is it for the morning... 

Now on to lunch.  


I am usually on the go so I just grab another vanilla crispy square and throw it in the diaper bag.  This is how they are packaged.  They package 7 separate bars in a box.



That is all I have for lunch.  

So let me break down for you what is in each square.

Total Fat 4.5g
Sat Fat 3.5g
Trans fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 190mg
Postassium 95mg
Total Carbohydrates 17g
Dietary Fiber 9g
Sugars 3g
Sugar Alcohol 3g
Protein 15g

Total Calories 150
Calories from Fat 40


You are also supposed to drink a minimum of 64 oz of water.  We have all heard this before.  We should be drinking that much regardless of any diet.  It is just necessary for your body.  

My trick is to fill up 3- 32oz bottles in the morning and drink them by the end of the night.  I like to drink extra water because I typically drink more coffee than I should on this diet... the extra water flushes out the coffee.  I also add crystal light to some of the bottles when I find myself really slacking or struggling to get the water down.  I sometimes will even add an extra 32oz bottle.. reaching my goal of 1 gallon of water a day.

Drinking water is SO SO SO important on this diet.  

Moving on to dinner.

I am supposed to have 6 oz of protein and 4 cups of veggies a day.  The veggies I typically eat are squash, asparagus, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms and cauliflower. 

I should note that you can consume these veggies any time of day.  If you want to have two cups of veg for lunch you can.  I don't because I am usually on the go and I am a poor planner.  But certainly feel free to have some for lunch.  



I think this diet is perfect for me because I don't get sick of eating the same things.  I also love this because it is mindless.  I don't have to count points etc.. I just stick to what I like and the IP foods are so easy to transport.


I usually cook up some broccoli rice here and there and add a bunch of spices to it.  It is so delicious. I also add this in salad for extra flavor.


You can use dried herbs on any veggie.  I love rosemary so I add that to a lot of what I eat.


Grilling veggies also changes the flavor and adds a little more excitement to what can be a bland boring meal.  These meals are typically my go to every single night.

I want to mention that you are able to eat unlimited amounts of certain veggies that are listed in the IP guide.  Some of those unlimited veggies are cucumbers, celery, & iceberg lettuce.  If you are really hungry during the day snack on cucumbers... and satisfy that craving of chewing.  

You can have unlimited salad (without dressing of course) throughout the day.  Have a salad with your IP food at lunch.  Add a salad in your dinner menu.  

IP will also give you a list of alternatives for items that you need on your food.  For example, if you just need to have butter on your veggies... you can use I can't believe its not butter spray.  Also if you need to have a dressing on your salad (I usually don't need that) but you can make your own with two tbsp of olive oil, apple cider vinegar and spices... there you go.. There is a perfect dressing for you.

There is a company called Walden Farms that makes 0 calorie dressing and syrups if you need to add certain flavors to your food.  I have tried them and I don't like them so I don't even bother with them.  


After dinner I have a chocolate wafer.  This is a restricted snack, meaning I can only eat one of these packages a day.  They are super delicious and go amazing with a hot cup of tea. 



Total Fat 9g
Sat Fat 6g
Trans fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 90g
Potassium 20mg
Total Carbohydrates 13g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 6g
Protein 15g

Total Calories 200
Calories from Fat 80



Lets take a little look at my start weight and end weight... shall we.

So when I started the diet I was 127.6 (this is my home scale)  I don't know if the percent body fat is accurate so I don't bother with that.. I like to just see the number.


After one week I was down to 124.6


The following week after that I was down to 123.2


Now here we are, my current weight is 122.2


I meet with my coach every Wednesday where she weighs me, talks about my food for the week, where I struggled etc and takes all my measurements.  What is also really cool about this diet is not only seeing the number go down on the scale but also to see the inches shrink.  I lost a great deal of inches in my waist.  A lot of that was bloat.... I love carbonated beverages particularly soda so after I cut that out, I lost quite a bit.  

I should say that you are allowed to have seltzer water... so those polar seltzers are great.  Although if you are like me and bloat affects you then you might want to stay away from that.

I love this diet because for me it works.  You don't have to think while on it and they really recommend you not exercise the first phase because of the limited calories you are consuming. 

They also give you a list of supplements such as potassium since that they require you take.  You aren't getting all the nutrition normally through food so this step is very important.  

If you are thinking of doing this diet I suggest looking to find an office near you and schedule a consult.  I am very happy with this program.  I love that I see results and I see them quickly.  It keeps me going and energized for more. 

If you have any questions feel free to send me an email.  I would be happy to help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...