Wednesday, January 25, 2017

What's Up Wednesday


I was super busy yesterday and today does not look that chill either.  We have school drop off, my weigh in, errands, get groceries, post office... you name it I am probably doing it.  

We also have had the worse weather.  So gloomy and gross.  I am ready for some heat but that is far away... Until then I will just keep on trucking... so here is my WUW!  I am linking up with The Larson Lingo, Mix and Match Mama and Sheaffer Told Me To.  

We answer the following questions.


Let's just get started.


What we're eating this week...

As I mentioned in this POST I have been doing the Ideal Protein diet for the last week.  I am loving the results and I am feeling really great.  It is amazing what just one week of cleaning up your eating habits can do to your body.  


You gotta make sure to get that water in.  Next week I plan on adding one more 32oz bottle.  That will make a gallon of water a day.


Stonyfield sent me a case of their new strawberry and peach smoothie last week.  My kids drank them all.  Like ALL of them.  In a week.  I guess that is safe to say they were delicious.


I am not sure why I haven't discovered parchment paper before but ladies, if you don't use it regularly get on it.  It is so nice to put over a cookie sheet and bake up some veggies.  Easy clean up and for some reason and I don't know why I think the veggies just taste better.  They brown better and don't get as mushy.  I also have been adding dried rosemary to my squash and it is delicious.  I really wish I did that sooner.



We made 5 pounds of beef jerky before Matt left and we still have a ton.  My kids are slowly working on it. 


I made this strawberry salad before Matt left and it reminded me so much of summer.  It is so light and delicious and it also is easy and colorful.


OOOOH and lastly.  I have been making my kids hulk smoothies every morning.  I am sneaking in those greens ladies.  



What I'm reminiscing about...




Any season other than cold, dreary, dark, gloomy winter.  I am thinking about our new house and how awesome it will be when the sun starts to shine and the birds are out, the leaves are changing, we are out on the boat. 



What I'm loving...

I picked these sheet masks up at target and every night before bed I have been using one.  I have always struggled with breakouts but going through this second miscarriage my face really took a beating.  I broke out like never before.  My face is red and irritated and I can't stop using this calming mask.  It really does work.  My face feels so refreshed and clean.  It seems very strong at first when you put it on (or its just me) but it almost feels like its burning but then that subsides and when its time to come off my face feels awesome and calm.  I am excited to try the acne mask.  



What we've been up to...

While Matt was home we were doing a lot of sledding.  It was Evan's first time on his sled and I was a bit nervous but he picked it up.  He did awesome and was so cautious.  I just love this kid and all that he is capable of.



Ryan could stay outside in the snow all day if you let him.  Temperature does not phase him in the least.  He loves snowmobiling also.  He rides in the front of Matt and has a permanent smile as we go along.


We are back in the pool with swim lessons after a long break.  I thought it was going to be challenging for him to get back into it but he did great.  I was so proud.  He dove in and swam all the way to the lifeguard chair which is a bit far for the littles. 

What I'm dreading...
Normally I would say winter, ha.  So other than that... Not much.



What I'm working on...

I have made some really awesome purchases that I will share with you next week but in the mean time, I am making room for those new essentials.  I was able to purge three trash bags worth of stuff.  I had some things that I wasn't sure I could part with but knew I wasn't wearing them... so what I decided to do was put them in the bag, put them in the attic.. and if I revisit them in a few months and still love them and/or miss them I'll take them out.  I have a feeling I will forget I even have them.


What I'm excited about...

Incase you haven't heard!  Pats are going to the Super Bowl.



What I'm watching / reading...

I have been so anxious over break for this show to come back on.  I cry every episode. 



What I'm listening to...

All day.  Err day.  



What I'm wearing...

I am loving my sorel boots.  They are really warm.  I know a lot of you suggested I try this style and I am so glad I did.  They are super cute. 



What I'm doing this weekend...

Ya.  Pretty much.  



What I'm looking forward to next month...

Can you see him?  



Daddy will be home at the end of February.  It seems like forever away but I am certainly looking forward to that.  



What else is new...

We don't really have much new going on over here.  Just trucking along day by day.  I hope you have a great day and if you took part in WUW don't forget to link up.  

OH and Bonus question- almost forgot.  

I absolutely adore Emily Maynard.


I followed her on the bachelor and bachelorette and now I follow her on instagram.  She is the sweetest.  

Hmm, who would be my favorite bachelor.  I don't know.  I would probably say Sean Lowe because he is the only one that really stands out bc duh, he was on Emily's season.


I now follow him and Catherine on instagram.  I love them both.  

Another bachelorette Fav who I didn't watch on the show but wish I had now is Jillian Harris.  I love her and follow her insta account and read her blog.  I love her for fashion and home decor.  I would love to watch her show but is there a reason why I can't find it?  Is it because its a canadian show?  I mean, how come we can't see it ever... I wish we could.  I just love her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...