Tuesday, January 24, 2017

High Protein Diet


A lot of you have been asking me about what high protein diet I am doing and I thought I would share  my secret with you.  For starters let me start off by saying I am not a doctor.  I am not a nutritionist and I know good ole' fashion healthy eating and exercise is the right way to lose weight but for me, that doesn't work so well.

The first time I did the diet was after Ryan was done breast feeding.  I was able to lose 26 pounds in 17 weeks.  So, of course!  I was excited and thrilled to have something that doesn't require much thought... but yet worked so well.  In fact, the first phase they actually say you shouldn't exercise because your body just doesn't have the amount of calories it needs to put out the exercise.  

Sorry if that makes me sound lazy but I loved that I didn't need to work out during the diet.  Which as a new mom (not that new but still) I didn't have time.  I had a baby at home.  I had two kids under 2... so really... who has time for that. 

Anyways, so yah.  I am really loving this diet and it is super easy.  You don't have to think.  You purchase their foods and go for weekly weigh in's and measurements.  I am good at this diet because I  also don't mind eating the same things every single day.  

I will keep you updated as the weeks (uh hem or days) go by.  In the interim, here is a good little tid bit on the diet itself.


Core Principles of Ideal Protein

Learning to live off of the body's own fat reserves. The body employs energy from three reserves: glycogen (carbohydrate), protein and fats. First the body depletes its simple and complex carbohydrate reserves and then turns simultaneously to its protein and fat reserves for energy. A person not in need of weight loss typically has approximately 1-2% of their body's reserves from carbs, approximately 19% from their muscle mass and 79% of their body reserves from fat.
Simple and complex carbohydrates can prevent weight loss. The body stores approximately three days worth of carbohydrates, therefore, our protocol restricts sugars (simple and complex) until 100% of your weight loss goal is achieved…why? Because, as long as sugar is being consumed, your body may not be burning fat. Remember, the first source of energy is derived from glycogen (carbohydrate) reserves. Therefore, the core principle of the Ideal Protein Protocol is to deplete the glycogen (carbohydrate) reserves completely, in order to compel the body into consuming its fat reserve to burn calories.
How do we encourage the body to burn its fat reserves, but support its muscle mass reserves if both are depleted simultaneously? First, Ideal Protein foods are made with high quality protein. The quality of protein used in Ideal Protein diet products has an impact on effective protein absorption…the lower the quality, the lower the absorption. If protein absorption is low, you may not be able to protect your muscle mass and thus you will burn muscle along with fat. If you lose muscle while dieting, you may impair your ability to burn calories post-diet, as your body uses muscle mass to burn calories.
Secondly, our dieters use our nutrient-rich supplements such as Natura Multi-Vita, Natura Calcium & Magnesium, Natura Potassium and Natura Omega-3 Plus, key ingredients in muscle building and electrolytes. These supplements replace those normally found in foods restricted on the Ideal Protein protocol. 

What to Expect

Based on the experiences of over 3,000 clinics worldwide, the Ideal Protein Protocol enables the following:
  • Structured weight loss while supporting muscle mass;
  • An understanding of how food affects and is utilized by the body, including what causes fat storage;
  • Weekly one-on-one coaching, lifestyle education and guidance;
  • Personalized approach to setting weight loss goals, based on your health profile;
  • Losing weight can improve blood sugar, cholesterol levels and reduce blood pressure;


Here is a helpful list of groceries.  I stick to the same times of things.  I usually eat chicken, and green veggies.  Usually zucchini, broccoli, spinach... sometimes mushrooms, green peppers.  I also love eating cucumbers during the day if I feel the need to snack... and you can eat salad any time during the day if you feel the need to eat.. However, as long as the items in the salad are on the list and within your cup limit you are good to go.  I am able to now just eat my two IP foods, dinner and then snack... and be ok, so no need to snack during the day.  However, it is nice to be able to add it in if you have the munchies. 

Don't forget to drink that water ladies.  
If you want to learn more, ask me anything.  I don't promote "diets" and I certainly am not sponsored for this post and this post does not contain affiliates.  It is purely just an amazing program. 


I meet with my coach on Wednesdays.  I will let you know how I make out after my first weigh in.  The week started off strong and I was able to get through the first couple days no problem but then hormones started taking over my body and I was so hungry that I gave in to a few cheats and had a little something that was off the phase 1.   But I am human and I know that this is something I want to do not something I have to do so it makes it a little easier to fall off and get back on.  Thanks for stopping in and if you have any questions message me.  This is just a broad overview of what I am doing.  

Oh, and tomorrow is WUW, so don't forget to check in and link up with us.


We will be answering these questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...