Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday Friends!  Yay, I got through another week just me and the boys.  We were super busy with school and activities and the weather hasn't been so awful so we were outside quite a bit.  I am busy with soccer this weekend and a few other things but all in all I should be relaxing on Sunday and I am looking forward to it.  

Every Friday I link up with Erika, Narci, and Andrea to bring you my favorites of the week so let me get started. 

one

This is what my meals typically look like at night.  However, I finally discovered using parchment paper and it has changed everything.  For starters, easy clean up.. secondly- I think the food tastes better.  Is that just me? but my veggies are much tastier... Oh, and now- I add rosemary to my veggies and everything is so much better.



two

A simple target find that totally brings back childhood memories.  I don't know what it is but the smell of this stuff makes me think of being a teenager again.  I use this once or twice a week.  It is just a simple equalizing mask.   


It tightens up and after about 10-15 minutes I rinse it off.  I can't say for certain that I see results but I do love the feeling of having a mask on, especially one that smells so good.  

three

I have been making a ton of broccoli rice.  I love this as another option for my veggies at night.  I have been adding garlic and red pepper flakes.   It is so yummy.  I use the leftovers in my salads the next day.

 four

Ya'll.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I am not being a pessimist here but I was somewhat disappointed in my weight loss this week.  Only because- now hear me out.  The first time I did this diet back when Ry was just one year old... I dropped 9 pounds the first week.  Of course, I was at my heaviest and I was also so SO SO so strict.  This time around- I am cutting corners.  I am not exactly measuring out my dairy for my coffee and if I want an extra coffee that day, I don't always make up for it in water.  However, for what I put in this week I am happy with the results.  It just will take me a bit longer to get down to my goal weight and I am ok with that.   one week - three pounds  :)

five

I picked up a handful of these this week at Target.  I've tried them a few times before but now I am using them nightly and man, they are working and I am loving it.  I have to say that my skin feels very inflamed right when the mask hits my skin- almost like its on fire but then it subsides and I am ready for it to come off and my skin feel so great.  I am a real believer in these products. 


So far I have tried the soothing, the acne- and just last night I did the hydrating. 

six

Another Target find.  I picked this up in the clearance section.  Sometimes I have to stop and think why some times brands that once were only sold at say sephora, are now selling at stores like Target.  Questions like- are these still as potent? or do they really work? I used to use this brand's moisturizer long ago... but when I saw this on the shelf I thought I'd give it a try.  I have a lot of spots that I need treatment and I have to say I use it every morning.  Although I don't see anything different yet, I am not ready to give up.

seven

Another product I am loving is this light therapy mask.  It is so easy to use and not that expensive.  However, I wasn't impressed that I have to purchase the activator once a month but so far I haven't used more than 30.  I haven't noticed a difference but this is a favorite none the less.  I feel like I am doing something great for my skin and my spots.

eight

Ahhhh, ice coffee.   Iced coffee is always a favorite but the organic vanilla coffee from Target is the best.  It is something to add in between your water rotation.  I have a glass here and there through the week and it satisfies that coffee craving.  I tend to drink less of it in the winter but it is a good change of pace.  

That is about it for the week.  Thank you for following and have a wonderful weekend!  

3 comments:

  1. I am really liking all of you healthy food post while you are on your diet. Would you consider doing a post on what your meals, snacks and beverages(when you are not drinking water) look like for a week? A week may be too much since you have little ones. But maybe 3 or 4 days? I love to get different ideas of what to eat. Since this eating healthy seems difficult at times:) Thanks, Wendy O.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! Thank you for following. I would def. do a post on what I eat. It is not much trouble. Let me work on that for you. If you are on instagram - I have two accounts. One is LorFerruch that is associated with my blog and I also run healthychoiceliving where I post strictly healthy living - diet, exercise, healthy tips and healthy products. That might be helpful to you. I will work on something for you so stay tuned.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that sounds wonderful! I will check those out. Thanks again,
    Wendy O.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...