Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday Favorites


Hey Friday!  We are going into our last weekend home with Daddy before he leaves for his ship in Korea.  We have a few fun things planned for the weekend but nothing crazy.  We are just going to soak in these last few days together.

I am linking up with Erika, Narci and Andrea to bring you my favorites of the week and gals!  I got some good stuff to share.

one

These sorel boots are amaze!  I love them.  I love the color!  Also, gals- these are great in the snow.  I know, I know.  I thought the same, like no way.  I am def. going to fall going into pre-school drop off but ladies... no worry there.  They are sturdy and you feel well footed.  I got mine on amazon.  I just love them.



two



We recently purchased a dehydrator from Cabela's and we love it.  We have made batches of fruit and beef.  I am a lover of the strawberry!  It is my favorite.  Matt made 5 pounds of beef jerky and it came out amazing.  I am so glad we bought this.  It is so easy to use and so easy to clean.  If you are thinking of getting one I highly suggest it. 



three

I recently purchased the 2" hot tools curling iron.  I love it and have barely used it.  It is probably best for long hair but it works great for volume with short hair.  I think it creates that natural blow out look without the blow out.  Now, I am on the hunt for the 1.5" barrel.  I ordered mine from amazon.



four


This is a favorites snack this week.  The boys love it!  I love it, and Matt is a huge fan also.  



five

I talked about these the other day and Oh - MY!  delicious.  I just think they hit the spot when you are craving something chocolate.



six

Summer salads have been on rotation at my house and I am loving them.  Along with eating healthier, it excites me for summer and I just can't get enough.


FOR THE SALAD:
4 oz fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 a ripe avocado
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
2-4 TBSP dried cranberries
2-4 TBSP roasted sunflower seeds (I used unsalted)
black pepper, to taste (optional)

POPPYSEED RANCH DRESSING:
1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup of buttermilk (extra if desired)
1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise (homemade or store bought)
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar
1 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8-1/4 tsp garlic powder, to taste
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
Start with the dressing (skip if using premade)
Ranch dressing always tastes it’s absolute best made ahead of time. Whisk and chill for a few hours before serving or make things simple by tossing it together the night before.
Peel 1 clove of garlic, then smash and mince it into a paste.
Season with salt.
Combine salted garlic paste with remaining dressing ingredients and whisk well.
Pop in the fridge to chill for a few hours for flavors to set.
Wash + dry spinach.
Combine with broccoli, blueberries, dried cranberries, avocado, feta cheese, and sunflower seeds.
Toss with dressing and serve.
Season with black pepper, to taste.

Notes
This recipe yields one large personal salad or 2 side salads.
This dressing works with both fresh and dried herbs, so absolutely use what fresh herbs you have on hand. I’ll include measurements for dried, which are a little stronger in flavor, so when using fresh you’ll simply increase the amount to taste. Enjoy!

Making more dressing for later? Typical food safety rule of thumb is that homemade dressings will keep in the fridge for 4 days.




seven

No joke, you need this in your life.  I just recently started using it and I am obsessed.  I actually just picked up a second bottle.  It is amazing stuff gals and it is def. something you want to keep on hand. I got mine at ulta.  I apply it with both my brush and beauty blender and it has changed my life.  I hope that this year brings me some tried and true favorites to keep on hand that will never waver and this cc cream will be one of those staples.

There you have it!  My favorites of the week.  Thanks for checking in and I'll see ya'll Monday.


4 comments:

  1. Those sorel boots are beautiful!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the CC cream cover well? I've heard one person say it's thin and doesn't cover much.

    love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. I suffer from hyper-pigmentation and I think it does a great job. I don't like the foundations that are real thick and heavy so for the light feel of this - it does a great job without feeling heavy and caked on. If that makes sense. I think its worth giving it a try if you are unsure. I finally caved and I'm so happy I did.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...