Monday, December 19, 2016

Weekend Recap


Monday!  Yay, so happy to finally be here.  Usually I don't care to start off a week with such excitement but today means final preparations for our Wednesday arrival.  Matt will fly home from Korea and we couldn't be more excited.  We will take the trip into Boston to get him and maybe grab dinner in the north end.  

I will be busy today catching up on projects, wrapping presents, cleaning, organizing food shopping and stocking the fridge with all his favorites.  The kids are super excited.

But first... Let me catch you up on our weekend.


My Friday was pretty boring...  Evan and Ryan went to a friends house to play and I squeezed in a hair cut... that pretty much sums up the excitement of my Friday.


Yay, no more dead ends!


Saturday morning we woke up to a snow storm... We didn't get much but enough to make a snowman and spend a few hours in and out of the house.  The boys love playing in the snow... We got quite a system for coming in and disassembling snow gear.... 


If Evan didn't leave him out there I think Ryan would have stayed out all day.  He just loves it.  The only reason he eventually came in was because he missed his brother. 



Any visible sticks were cleared from the snow.  Mr. Maintenance man.



While the kids were out playing the fur babies got to spend some time snuggling by the fire.



For supper Saturday night I made my baked macaroni and cheese.  It is always a bit hit.  It is certainly a comfort food and one we don't have all that often because of all the butter I use to make it.


Sunday morning cartoons.  


Someone is always touching someone.  


So eventually the fight breaks out... but it is really cute while it lasts.


After church the boys stayed to decorate gingerbread houses.  Ryan just ate spoonfuls of frosting. 


It was a really cute project and everyone enjoyed decorating.



The boys brought their houses home and by the end of the night all the candies had been eaten off.


That is a wrap to our weekend.  It wasn't that exciting.  It was low key and I loved staying inside all day Saturday catching up on housework and just relaxing with the kids by the fire.  

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll see you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...