Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Ultimate Cooking Gift Guide: For The Home Cook



Most of you know by now that I love to cook and I thought it would be fun to share my favorite kitchen gadgets.  These would make perfect gifts for the cook in your life.




I love my pepper mill.  I keep it right next to the stove and I am always using it.  The best part is that you can adjust the grind.  




Williams- Sonoma Goldtouch Nonstick 6-piece essential bakeware set is perfect for the first time cook.  Someone who may be starting out, a newly married couple or just a nice housewarming gift.  This will get you started baking right away.  They are commercial grade so they will hold up and dishwasher safe!  Yay.  Plus they are on sale right now.




Everyone should have a food processor in your kitchen.  I have a few.  I have a 16 cup processor and I have a smaller one I use for salad dressings, hummus, stuff like that.  They are so amazing at slicing and dicing and take a lot of work off your hands.  They are also pretty easy to clean which is nice.  





The kitchen aid mixer was one of the first items I registered for when I was getting married.  I use it all the time.  I use it for making cakes & breads and I also have a few attachments to make pasta and sausage.  I love my mixer.  If I had the chance to do it over again I wouldn't have picked black.  I was 25 and honestly didn't have any idea about what my future kitchen would look like.  Just think about that as this piece of equipment is something you'll have forever.  Or at least until you can't take your color choice any longer. 




I love love love my vitamix.  I got it a few years ago and we use it almost every day.  I make a smoothie every morning for the kids and myself.  I also love to make soups.  I really does work as well as they say and everything everyone says about vitamix is true, it really is an amazing blender.  It also cleans really well which is a huge bonus.




Le Creuset dutch oven is necessary.  You can use this to seer a steak and then put it in the oven, cook a roast, stew, soup... anything.  I use my dutch oven for everything.  This is something you will have for a long time.  They are very heavy duty and come in a variety of colors and sizes. 



Matt bought me this knife set a few years ago and it is my absolute favorite.  In my opinion you really don't need another knife.  However, this knife can't be used to cut bone and you need to use it on a wooden cook top, or plastic cutting board.  I use this for everything, and I will probably buy more of them.  




I have a double set of these in my house because I am usually baking or cooking more than one dish at a time and this saves me from having to wash and rinse in between uses.  I love that these have ML numerics because sometimes when I am baking bread my recipes call for that and it save me from having to do the math.  




I have an entire collection of wooden spoons and spatulas.  I use them a lot because they are great for non stick pots and pants.  Plus, I use a lot of glass cookware and these work perfectly for that.  



Lastly....


I have an entire basket of dish towels in my pantry closet.  I use them for decoration and I also use them to take stuff out of the oven or as a hot plate.  We dry dishes with them, we wipe down counters with them, pretty much they're everywhere around my kitchen but I do go through them they are always on sale.  Plus they make really cute gifts.  

I hope this helps!  Have a great day, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...