Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Stranded with... Christmas Movies


It's Stranded... Once a month I link up with Erika and Shay and we blog about what three things we would take with us if we were stranded on a deserted island.

In the last few months our topics have included...









And today... What three Christmas movies?

This is a really tough call because there are so many great movies out there.

one

I would say that the first movie I would bring is It's A Wonderful Life



I love this movie.  Every Christmas Eve when I was little my family and I would watch this movie.  It is such a family tradition.  I have carried on that tradition with my littles.  It is such a fun part of Christmas Eve.




two

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is in there of course.  You certainly need to be laughing this holiday season and this is one of those funny movies... alongside Home Alone of course.



I can't wait until my kids are old enough to sit down and watch these oldies with us.  They bring back a ton of memories growing up.  I know my boys will love these movies as much as we did.



three

Lastly, I think I would have to bring The Christmas Shoes


Every year I watch and every year I somehow forget the story line just a little bit.  I remember how it ends "sorta" and I remember what it is about but each year its like I am watching it with fresh eyes.  I just love this movie.  I cry like a baby every time.  It is so good and really reminds you to cherish every moment.

Of course, if I had the opportunity to have an endless list of movies... I would have to bring a whole slew of them.


I am sure you love these movies like I do.  They are classics and so family friendly.  







What movies would you take if you were to be stranded on a deserted island?  Comment and share below.  

This was a fun little series that Shay and Erika started.  I am curious to see if they will continue this into the new year.  

We are one week away!!!  Pretty soon we will be in preparation mode.  Matt will be coming home from Korea next Wednesday and we are so excited.  


Edited to note: my all time favorite movie!

My all time favorite movie would have to be Meet Me in St. Louis


At my 16th birthday party I acted out scenes from this movie with a microphone in hand and I know all the words to all the songs.


I have the soundtrack on my phone and my kids love listening to the Trolley song as well.  I just love love love this movie.


When I was young probably around 19... I broke up with one boyfriend to date another boyfriend and they actually both bought me this movie as a VHS (oh my) for Christmas.  

I could watch this movie over and over and never get sick of it.  There is something about Judy Garland that I just love. 

There you have it... all the favorites wrapped up into one.  Hope you all have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. I love so many of these movies - We just watched the classic Santa Clause is coming to town movie last night and I just love it!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...