Monday, November 21, 2016

Weekend Recap


Hey Monday!  Good Morning-  How are you? 

It is a sad day here.  Matt left for work on Sunday.  I had to get up at 3am to get him into the city.  He is flying to Korea.  He will be gone for a little over a month.  I have a feeling it is going to be a crazy December.  I will be a busy elf.

Speaking of elves!  We had our elf breakfast Saturday morning.  It is tradition here for Capt. George to arrive bringing a spread of goods and a few fun toys.  Normally, I wouldn't have this so early but with Matt leaving I didn't want him to miss out.  We also put up our tree last night.  We are getting into the spirit over here.


Capt. George brought waffle mix.  We mixed up some waffles, heated up the waffle maker and indulged.  After waffles the boys helped me in the kitchen.


We were baking a cake for Friendsgiving later.  I also needed to make a side dish- I did stuffing.


The boys love sitting on the counter helping me.


As always, they lick the batter.


After baking and cooking the boys went into the playroom and played with paints.  I took off their shirts because I was afraid of the obvious.  & I am so glad I took them off :)


Ahhh, the cake came out perfect.  I decided not to frost it and instead just dust with powdered sugar.  I used a recipe from Mix and Match Mama's 101 cakes.


After cooking and painting Evan and I went to a friends birthday party.  He was super excited to meet Princess Elena of Avalor.

We were so busy between cooking, going to the birthday party that I didn't get many pictures in between.  


We had so much fun with our friends @ Friendsgiving.  It was the first year we did it and I we decided to make it an annual thing.  All the kids had a blast.  Ryan and Evan were running and playing for hours.  



Like most parties, the boys ended up building a fire!


Ryan came in my room at 2:30am looking for milk and to sleep in my bed.  I was so nervous to over sleep my alarm that was going to go off at 3am that I never really fell back asleep.  I came downstairs at 3 and started some coffee.  Matt took a quick shower, grabbed his bags and we were out the door at 3:30.  Deez came over at 3:15 to snooze on the couch so I didn't have to take the boys (Deez is Matt's Uncle Davie who lives next door)


Evan left his guitar in my trunk from the birthday party.  Matt thought it would be funny to take a picture of him playing it at the airport.  It is really hard on everyone when he leaves for work.  I showed Evan this picture later and he laughed.

I got home around 5am, started to crawl into bed thinking I might be able to sleep for an hour but Ryan woke up ready to party.  So theres that. 

We came down and I made breakfast and we got dressed for church.  I try and encourage to hurry in the morning in hopes we can get there in time for him to ring the bell.  #rarelyhappens


After church we stayed to help set up for the upcoming holiday.  Evan found a present from last year's play.


We also stayed for the In-gathering celebration.  The boys were excited to eat Doritos with their lunch!  It is the little things in life!


After we finished eating everyone was able to decorate a few ornaments for their Christmas tree.  The boys went overzealous with the glitter.  I am still finding glitter on my carpet.


We also were able to write a little note about our family on the strips and fill them inside the ornaments.  Ryan is doing his best!



We stayed a little longer to help clean up.  The glitter took a lot of effort.  After we were done we left for Target.  I had to grab a few things and of course Ryan wanted to use his diapers as his umbrella.  


After trying to avoid all the toy isles I came across the pajama section and look at the cutest pajamas I picked up.  They came out with some really cute pajamas this season.  I also snagged a grey checkered style.  I love them!  So comfy and soft.


There is the weekend.  

Hope you have a great week!  See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...