Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Favorites

It is Friday friends and I am so excited!  Today I am linking up with Erika, Narci and Andrea.  I am going to share with you my favorites of the week. 



one

Ignore the unfinished parts of my kitchen and concentrate on the excitement of the phone call!  Matt got a phone call the night before he was to fly out for his ship.  The call was to tell him he was being assigned to a new build in Korea.  This is AMAZING news.  He doesn't need to fly out for almost two weeks and now he will be home for Christmas.  We are beyond excited for this amazing opportunity.  This is something we had been hoping for.  



two

I am loving this toothpaste from Tom's of Maine.  My family is so divided when it comes to toothpaste and I was so happy to find something that works for all of us.  I have very sensitive teeth.  My husband doesn't really have a preference for flavor and my kids need something fluoride free.  I was super psyched when Tom's of Maine sent me some products to try.   Before using this I would be hoarding three tubes of paste in the cabinet and packing 3 different flavors while traveling.  I finally have something we all like.  We all can use and it works for all of us.  It has been about a week now of using this and I am super excited to share that we haven't had any epic meltdowns when asked to "go brush your teeth" Yay!  Also, it is natural. It is safe.  They also offer a line for young teens.  They have "wicked cool" deodorant that I have to say is pretty awesome.  



three

Our girls are hard at work laying eggs.  The boys love going out to the hen house and collecting them each  morning.  I typically lose one or two because of an accidental drop but for the most part they have been upset carful about collecting them.  



four

I ordered a green smoothie from red mango at the mall the other day.  It was so delicious.   The boys ordered strawberry banana.  I still had to fight with them about getting my smoothie back.  


five

Whenever I feel like I need to "diet" I go right for high protein.  I typically don't diet but instead just try to eat clean and healthy 80% of the time.  I have been feeling sluggish and bloated lately so I wanted to go back to the nutrition plan that really helped me lose those 26 pregnancy pounds.  I have been making this meal often this week.  I tend to see the biggest results in my body when I eat this clean and this basic.  I usually also double up on the water as well.   So this meal plan coupled with intense water I can slim down and freshen up my body rather quickly.  This is something that can easily be done leading up to the holidays when en you know you are going to be indulging!



six

King Arthur Flour sent me a few packages of flour.  This week I made two loaves of bread.  One of them was a white whole wheat bread with raisins and cinnamon and the other was just a white bread with flax seeds.  Super simple, super easy and really yummy with Justin's honey almond butter.

seven

My little ameraucana laid her first blue egg.  The boys were super excited to see this.  They are both so curious to know if this blue egg tastes just like all the other eggs we collect.  I am certainly going to make something and ask them to tell me the difference.  

There is a week of favorites for you.  We are just most excited to spend more time with Daddy. 
Have a great weekend.  See you back here Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...