Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday friends!  We are moving into the weekend slowly and cherishing our time.  Matt leaves for his ship on Tuesday so this is his last weekend with us and boy are we slammed with stuff to do.  

Every Friday I link up with Erika, Narci, and Andrea to tell you my favorites of the week.  

Let's do this!

one

I got Evan's soccer pictures in the mail the other day and Oh. My!  How adorable?  He is just getting so big, so fast.  I can't even believe it.  I just love this picture! 



two

My three favorite littles out trick - or - treating.  We had Dash from The Incredibles, Mike the Knight and Doctor Ryan.  Also, if you know of a toddler trick to get them to smile, please share.  I probably have about 40 pictures, and they all look like this.  One is smiling, one isn't, and one is just mad.



I met this amazing friend when our babies were just 3 weeks old.  We joined a mommy and baby yoga class.  Our boys are best friends.  Their birthdays are three days apart.  We have been trick or treating together every year.  Love this friend of mine!  (She was a nerd for halloween hence the glasses)



three

I am so excited to try this tooth paste.  I have always had a problem with my teeth being so sensitive. I am really picky about the flavor of my toothpaste as well.  This flavor is just the right amount of mint and bonus for it being all natural.  It is also fluoride free which is awesome because my kids can use it.  



four

I made fried green tomatoes this week and they were delish.  These were from my garden.  My garden still has a little life left in it.  I used the recipe from The Neely's.  The dipping sauce was the best part.

Dipping Sauce

1 cup of apple cider
1 tbsp brown sugar
3/4 cup of buttermilk
3/4 cup of mayo
2 tbsp of bbq sauce
1 lime, juiced
4 scallions sliced thin 
salt & pepper 

In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the apple cider and brown sugar.  Allow to reduce until thick and syrupy.  Remove from that and allow to cool.  

In a medium bowl, add buttermilk, mayo, BBQ sauce and lime juice.  Whisk well.  Add in the scallions and apple cider mixture.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.




five

We carved pumpkins at church and Evan was so proud of what he did.  The kids carved them and decorated the front of the church for their annual trunk or treat.  The kids did a great job.



six

We are making great progress with Ryan.  He is so interested in using the potty and being like his big brother.  He is showing interest all on his own and I love that he gets so excited!

Have a great weekend everyone!  See you Monday :)




1 comment:

  1. Love Evan's soccer picture :) and the Halloween costumes!!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...