Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A Day In The Life - Longest Day Ever

I love reading these kinds of posts.  I have done a few but never have I done one where Matt has been home.  Our days are always different when he is home but the same things are consistent... school, kids, cleaning, cooking...

A few things to note about this post.

Evan has a short day on Friday's.  We provide snack but no lunch.  
Matt will be missing all of December so we wanted to get in the Christmas spirit before he left. 
Oh - I have a serious cleaning issue.

November 18th, Friday.


I get up at 5!  Some days that is easier than others.  I knew today was going to be busy so I got up early.


Coffee = necessary.


I sat down coffee in hand and posted my Friday Favorites blog post.  You can see it here. 


The boys were up earlier than usual today.  I made them some chocolate milk and they brought out a few toys to play with.  


I emptied the dishwasher at 6am and made the boys a quick pancake breakfast.  


While they were eating I went into the bathroom to do a quick wipe down and tidied up a bit.


I had Christmas carols playing on my kitchen tv.  I really hope some day to have surround sound through the entire house... but until then.  


I also quickly cleaned the kitchen up, wiped down the counters and loaded a few breakfast dishes.



Around 6:30 quarter of seven-ish I went outside to the henhouse to get the eggs.  


There was a gorgeous morning sunrise.


I am wearing my favorite Ugg slippers.  They come in several colors.  They are super comfy.


How sweet is my girl, she sees me come in, stands up and lets me take the eggs.


I came in around 7 and started to clean the living room.  The boys have moved their play party into the playroom.


Ryan sat at the table playing with his bat cave.  Evan was watching a show!


I came into the kitchen and started washing the floors.  I heard a "Moooooom, can I have more pancakes"   


So here we go, mini pancakes for my big guy.  


While the floor was drying I went into the dining room to go through some of the stuff Matt was planning on returning at REI.  Some of the shoes I got him didn't fit.


By 8am, I was upstairs stripping off my bedding.  I started with my bed and then worked my way over to the boys room.


I made the boys beds and put away some of the toys that were out.


Ryan always ends up in bed with one of us.  I should just tell him to start out that way, one less bed for me to make in the morning :)


OK, bed are made and stuff is put away... I head over into my room.



Around 8am, I got dressed, washed my face and put on a little make up.  I really love this Missha perfect cover BB Cream.  It is also super cheap and goes a long way. 


I brought down the dirty sheets and some other dirty laundry.


I also brought down the boys clothes for the day.  


This kid struggled just a tad!


I ran down to the wash room and changed over a load of laundry.  After I got the laundry going I came upstairs to start making Matt a breakfast burrito. 


Matt likes his burrito with this chipotle tabasco sauce.  It actually is super delicious.  I have had a few before and never thought I would like them. 


I used the fresh eggs I got from the hen house.  I rolled up his burrito in tin foil and brought it outside.  He was already working in the yard.  


After dropping off breakfast I came inside threw the rest of the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and started the wash.  I brushed my teeth and brushed my boys teeth.  


After brushing teeth I went into the kitchen to put together a snack for Evan to take to school.  On Friday he has a short day so we don't need to pack a lunch for him.  Packing a snack is super easy.  I usually throw in a yogurt or an apple sauce, spoon, napkin and cold pack.  Done!


At 8:45 I load the boys in the car, head to Dunkin Donuts- grab a coffee and then bring Evan into school.  


We get to school for 9 and I help Evan into class.  We hang up his back pack, drop his snack bag and water off and then he goes over to his attendance to change his name to "here"


I give about 20 hugs and kisses, and then drag Ryan out of the class kicking because he wants to stay. I went right home to take out the laundry and do a change over.  Always. Doing.  Laundry.


I start folding and sipping! :)


I love the holiday cups!  Joy :)


I got one load of laundry folded and then emptied the dishwasher for the second time today.


This little dude came in from helping Daddy in the yard to have a snack and watch a show. 


10:00 I break out the dyson for a quick wash.  I don't know what happened but we tracked in a whole lot of mess from outside.  


I washed the floors quick with a wet mop.   After the quick wash I brought Matt out a beer.  


He was outside doing a few small project around the house.  I wanted to get my car in order so I grabbed my dyson and started to use it a little on the inside of my car. 


I gave it a quick vacuum and realized that I never cleaned the smoothie out of my UppaBaby stroller the other day.  I took the stroller out and hosed it off.  I left it in the sun to try.


11:00 Matt started cleaning out his kayak with a little helper. 


I knew we were going to be going shopping right from picking up Evan so I made the boys a peanut butter sandwich to hold them over with a few snacks.


After the sandwiches were done I changed over the laundry again and started folding the next load.  


I did the laundry, packed the diaper bag and gathered everyone to head to school to pick up Evan for noon time.


After pick up I needed to stop at my doctors for a quick 12:30 appt.  On the way there these littles passed out.  We woke them up.


Matt had to carry them in because being woken up from a nap wasn't exactly awesome.  Good thing I packed snacks.


We waited briefly in the waiting room.  


The boys ate their sandwich and then we were called into my doctors office.


We needed to sign a few papers before leaving.  The boys were starting to get rambunctious so we gave Evan my cell phone.  He snapped a few pictures.


We left the office around 1:15 and got in the car headed to REI.  We needed to return a few things and buy a few more things for Matt's upcoming trip to Korea.  

We don't have any pictures of that trip.  My kids were absolutely insane.  They were running around crazy, not listening, climbing on everything.  So as you can imagine the two of us had very little patience.  I took the boys outside while Matt continued to get a few things and return the shoes.  We both left there feeling defeated.  


We got home around 3:30.  I loaded up the wood stove and Matt took the boys out to play.  Clearly, shopping was not in the cards for them today.   So running around outside was the best solution.

I started in on the laundry... again.


I got another load turned over.  I folded a bunch and carried a few baskets upstairs to everyones room.  


I lit my favorite candle.  Balsam Fir from Bath and Body Works.


After playing around for a bit the boys helped Daddy mow the yard.  


This is the boys most favorite thing to do with their Dad.  While they were mowing I went inside and started dinner. 


We ate dinner at 5pm!  Have you ever heard of chew and screw?  Yah, that is what my boys did.  They ate and then went outside to help Dad again.  Matt needed to tidy up a few things and fix the Christmas lights on the house.  Evan jumped on his four wheeler and was buzzing around.


I snuck inside to grab a quick bath.  At about 5:30 I heard the sound of pitter patter.  It took all about 3 minutes for the boys to find me, undress themselves and hang their feet in my bath like it was a beautiful summer day at the beach.  


I got out of the tub and let them finish their bath.  So much for relaxing :(

The boys had a blast, splashing and swimming and then after their bath they got out and got dressed in their jammies. 


We don't normally put up our tree before Thanksgiving but because Matt was leaving for Korea we wanted to make sure he was apart of the decorating process.  

We went into the attic and got our fake tree.  We usually have a real tree that we cut down ourselves but it just made more sense to have an artificial tree.  Matt was going to be gone almost a month and a half and I didn't want the work of having a real tree by myself.


I go crazy for a red can with Santa on it.  I bought the small ones so I didn't feel so guilty.  I totally indulge in this guilty pleasure. 


Around 7pm we got Ryan to bed and put the tree in the corner.  We told Ry he could help us in the morning add the remaining ornaments.  He was already an hour past his bed time.

For the next hour 7-8pm we decorated the tree with ornaments, hung a few stockings and got Evan tucked into bed.  

I also got in a quick vacuum.  


We put all the holiday boxes away and I did a quick wash of the floor.  

Around 9pm Matt and I started decorating for our Capt. George breakfast.  

Our elf on the shelf made his arrival.  Oh man, it is going to be a long few weeks trying to move this elf every night.  


At 9:30 we finished setting up, I did a once over around the house.  I picked up everything that was out of place, did a quick vacuum, wiped down the kitchen counters and Matt locked up the house.  


We went upstairs at 9:45.  We both checked on the kids.  Evan was sound asleep in his bed.


Ryan was cuddled up asleep in his bed.


Matt and I got into bed around 10:00 and then it was lights out.  


So there you have it.  A very busy day in the life of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...