Wednesday, October 26, 2016

What's Up Wednesday


Yay, Wednesday!  We are halfway through the week!  Woot Woot.

The last Wednesday of the month I link up with Mel, Sheaffer and Shay.  

Each month we answer these questions...


I can't wait to go through and read what ya'll have been up to.  Don't forget to link up.

What we're eating this week...


I made Shay's pumpkin & sausage pot pie and it was delicious.  The boys favorite was the biscuit on top but non the less, the filling was delicious.  It was easy, comforting and very satisfying.  



What I'm reminiscing about...


I am reminiscing about our last summer vacation we took to the Vineyard.  It was so fun, and warm... and we all had a blast.

We just got hit today with some really crisp cool air and it really made me miss my flip flops.





What I'm loving...


How cute is this little tote bag?  I am using it for everything.  I keep it in my purse and it makes things so much more organized.  I love that I don't have to fish around my bag for anything. 



What we've been up to...


We use oil heat but we also have a wood stove.  So with a wood stove, comes needing to cut and split wood.  Thankfully, Daddy has two little helpers to get the job done a little faster.


The boys love helping their dad.  





What I'm dreading...


Enough said.



What I'm working on...


I am working on trying out some new fall / winter recipes.  I am looking to make quick, easy, kid friendly, delicious recipes.  I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen because lets face it, we mom's don't have a lot of time.  I will hopefully have a lot of yummy recipes to report back to you with.



What I'm excited about...


We just booked a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge.  Have you ever been?  I know the boys will love it and what better way to spend a cold winter day... 



What I'm watching/reading...


I just jumped on the THIS IS US bandwagon.  I started the show when it first came out and didn't finish watching the first episode... then a girlfriend of mine told me to go back and watch it and I am so glad I did.  Please Please, watch this show.  I know you will love it.



What I'm listening to...


Matt is sitting next to me on the couch watching his go pro videos of himself racing.  If you have ever been to a dirt bike race then you know that sound I am talking about.  That never ending buzzing sound.



What I'm wearing...


I have been really into wearing sneakers and sweaters lately.  It is the perfect recipe for cozy.  I like that I can still show a little ankle (like the hope of warm weather isn't totally gone) but that I can cover up on top and be warm and cozy.  Plus - throw on a blanket scarf and I am good to go.




What I'm doing this weekend...


We are carving our pumpkin that we picked.  It is so fun to do this with the kids but it isn't fun when the pumpkin doesn't make it until halloween before it starts rotting out.  So we wait until closer to halloween to do our carving.  After we are done carving I usually bake a few batches of pumpkin seeds.



What I'm looking forward to next month...


I plan on getting all my shopping done.  I want it done, wrapped and put it away... so I can enjoy the weeks leading up to Christmas.  Can I do it?!?!  Yes I can (I hope)



What else is new...

Matt will be leaving before Thanksgiving so we are going to have our family dinner earlier than the rest of the world. I have already started picking up cute pieces for my dinner table and pinning amazing recipes!

Bonus Question:  Favorite halloween picture?


I made Evan's scuba costume a few years ago and I was so proud of myself and he totally loved it.  Ryan was just born so I dressed him up as a shark.  It was the cutest.  

Thanks for stopping in.  Have a great day, see you tomorrow.



3 comments:

  1. Awesome home made costume. Love the pics of the boys in the air! And those sweaters-- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scuba costume is SO cute!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You literally made my mouth water from that delicious looking Pot pie! Yum!!! You look like you all had so much during that vacation! Oh and if you're dreading the winter, we can switch places. I am actually guilty of never seeing snow ):

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...