Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Show & Tell: Quirks and Such




Welcome to Show & Tell Tuesday!  I am linking up with Andrea to tell you a little bit about what makes me ME.  

So here we go!


I have been with my husband for over 15 years and we have been married for 9.  We met in college at Mass Maritime Academy.  


The school was located right on the Cape Cod Canal.


We struggle with infertility.  We used IVF for both of these beautiful boys.



My little family is everything to me.






I am obsessed with cleaning.  I love a clean house, always.  I probably vacuum several times a day.


I love baking and cooking. 


Before I had kids I rode a motorcycle.  I haven't had an desire after having Evan to get back on.


Now lets move on to what separates me from the rest of the world.

1. I love roller coasters & scary movies

I love roller coasters and scary movies.  I don't consider myself someone who enjoys heights but I would wait in line for over an hour to get on the highest roller coaster.  I also love being scared while watching movies.  I don't have a scary movie partner so I rarely watch them but if I do, I still run to my bed at night and jump under the covers because I really believe in the boogyman under my bed.

2. I take a bath every night

I take a bath almost every single night of my life.  Except during the college years where we didn't have a bath tub.  I sometimes will even sneak in a bath during the day if the kids are napping.  It helps me relax and sets the tone for bed.

3. I don't like a mess/clutter

I don't let anyone leave anything out.  If you leave out a glass or a pair of shoes, even for two seconds I will put them away.  Everything has a place.  Don't leave out papers to remind you to do something.  Write it down, put that paper in your pocket and keep it off my counter.

4. I vacuum like crazy

I vacuum before I leave the house, every. single. time.  I like to see lines in my carpet and my kids know that if I vacuum right before bed to not walk on the rug.  I like to see the lines when I wake up.  

5. I hate jeans

I despise jeans and getting dressed.  I only do it for the sake of fitting into civilization but I would rather wear sweats everywhere and I am not embarrassed.

6. I get motion sickness

I get car sick.  I drive everywhere.  Matt never drives.

7. I rush 

I rush.  My biggest pet peeve is being late and I am always rushing because I am usually always late. I don't like waisting time doing nothing so I despise showing up early.  Every time I am early I am sitting around waiting and I feel like I am wasting my life.  I try not to leave any stagnant time so I wait until the last minute then find myself always in a rush.  #itisimpossibletorushyourkids

8. Matt's cooking

I don't like when Matt cooks.  He makes a mess.  He doesn't clean as he goes, waits until the end and always leaves food in the sink.

Lastly, my nicknames.  My friends and family call me Lor.  I don't ever refer myself to myself as Lor but I certainly answer to it.

We call Evan - Ev, and Ryan Ry but I also came up with the nickname "Ticka" for both of them.  It started out as a song for Evan.  I made it up when he was little and we would always sing it... then Ryan was born and I sang it to him except the nickname stuck.  So now we call both boys Ticka.  & they answer to it.  

Next time on Show and Tell Tuesdays .... what would you do if you won the lottery?

Thanks for stopping in, see you tomorrow!  Have a great day.



3 comments:

  1. Visiting from the link up! :)

    I like everything to be neat, tidy & organized too. Especially the fridge and pantry. I hate vacuuming though, it's SO loud, luckily we don't really have any carpet so it's a chore I can easily avoid for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get car sick constantly - sometimes even when i'm driving but when Logan drives.. it's a lot worse! I agree on having everything neat and clean! My husband hates it because if he has something out for a few minutes - I will put it away or put it in the dishwasher and he always says "if you just let it sit for a few minutes, I'd do it" umm no, I want it done now :)

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. baths are my favourite and now I'm craving those cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...