Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What's Up Wednesday


I look forward to this link up every month.  It is a break down on everything that is going on with me and my little family, all compacted into one blog post.  I also have a sweet spot for this link up because it was the first one that I did when I started blogging.  

So every month, on the last Wednesday,  I link up with The Larson Lingo, Mix & Match Mama & Sheaffer Told Me To

We answer the following questions:


Let's get started:


What we're eating this week...

We have been making a lot of homemade pizza.  It is so easy and I discovered the best way to get my kids to eat vegetables.  Have them put it on their pizza themselves.  It is like magic.


I have been eating a ton of salad.  I go through phases where I can eat the same salad over and over and never get sick of it.


Fall means comfort food and I have been doing just that.  I have been comforting myself and my family with warm, filling, and easy to make meals.  The boys love anything gravy and my chicken pot pie (with hidden veggies) is on our menu weekly.

What I'm reminiscing about...

Me and a gigantic belly :)


  
Is this not the portrait of a pregnant than I don't know what is?!?! I think I gave birth the next day.


What I'm loving...



I am on an all white kick.  A cozy, all white bedding look and I have been looking on pinterest like crazy.  I just can't get it to look quite right.  I think what I find most attractive about all white bedding is that almost every picture I look at the bed is "undone" if that makes sense.  It just looks awesome messy. 



I also have been looking a ton on etsy for one of these thick knit blankets.  Problem is I really don't want to spend $400 on a knit blanket when I feel like I could do that myself.

What we've been up to...

We have been riding our four wheelers and dirt bikes after school and on any nice day!


Hitting up the playground after school pick up is high priority. 


Big boy bed snuggles!


This kid cracks me up!  Always thinking :)


Just another after school swing date.


It is that time of year where the mornings are really cool and it just isn't cold enough for fleece feetie pajamas so I layer up the boys in an extra layer of heavy material to keep them warm.  Ryan had a bad case of the Monday's this week.

What I'm dreading...

I know we have a little bit of time before this white stuff hits us here in New England however, I am already dreading it.  

What I'm working on...

So... here it is guys.  Big news hidden in a tiny blog post.  We are purchasing a home in New Hampshire!  We are going to be living here in Massachusetts while we renovate it completely and eventually start a new life living free!  I am not sure exactly our time line but all my cleaning, organizing, and de-cluttering does have its purpose.  I am excited for all things new.  Check out my Pinterest board to see what I am thinking about doing to our new home.



What I'm excited about...

In other big blogger news.... :) this one is going to be kept secret a little bit longer... but use your imagination.

What I'm watching/reading...

Just watched the first episode.  I just can't understand how this show can keep on going but it has me coming back for more every week. 


I am so looking forward to this little comedy show.  It reminds me a lot of when I was a kid or at least a bit younger before I was watching hour long drama tv... the light hearted funny 30 minute episodes... kinda like Friends, or King of Queens.  I hope this is as good as the previews.



Picked this little pretty lady up the other day.


I have been referencing this a lot lately.  I just made her ranch dressing and you know what, my kids didn't even notice the switch.  



What I'm listening to...

Ryan goes to bed at 6pm... and I have this playing in his room and I accidentally left the baby monitor on so I can hear this playing in my living room.  Makes me miss those really late night feedings.

What I'm wearing...




I am embracing my inner hippie.  Or at least trying.  Am I getting it right?


What I'm doing this weekend...

We have a little boy's birthday party to go to and we are pretty excited.


Plus the usual, soccer on Saturday morning.


OH, and don't forget!  We are cleaning.  We are organizing.  We are decluttering.  & we are loving it. OK, I am loving it.  Everyone else is seriously over me asking them if they think they can part with something.  

What I'm looking forward to next month...

We will be reunited mid October and I am totally excited.  We have so many things planned and we are really looking forward to a fall foliage boat ride and maybe snagging a few apples from the orchard if there is anything left.  Plus, lets check on that honey do list.  We are going to be doing a lot of "little" things to the house preparing to sell it.  Plus, the yard will probably be covered in leaves so that will need to get done.. and let's not forget.  Halloween!  So excited for next month.

What else is new...

I have been "catching" up with laundry since the day I had a baby.  I seriously feel like I am always doing it and I am always waiting for either a spin cycle, quick wash, tumble dry, or dewrinkle.. I am always working with my washing machine/dryer.  I guess the story is true, unless you are doing laundry naked you are never going to be caught up.


Bonus Question: 
What is your favorite fall recipe?

This answer was easy.  It is my easy pumpkin bread.  I can't even tell you how easy this is and how many people love it.  All I do is take a can of pumpkin puree and a box of box cake mix (pumpkin spice)  Some days I ad in nuts or raisins, or make a quick glaze for the top.  It is delicious and so easy.  It is always moist.  My kids love it.  I can't say it enough.  EASY!



There you have it, a quick run down synopsis of my little life. 

If you want to join us we link up on the last Wednesday of every month.  Thanks for stopping over here and checking out my little space on the internet.  Have a great day!  


4 comments:

  1. Hi Loren! Found your blog just a little bit after you began writing, and have enjoyed reading your posts. Congrats on your new home-that's so exciting! Looking forward to reading more about the progress on all your decluttering projects and the renovations in your new home!! Hope you guys have a great weekend! -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to American housewife too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a hit show. I love the previews!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...