Monday, September 19, 2016

Weekend Recap


Good Morning Monday!  

I am ready for this week to get started.  I spent a good portion of Sunday getting organized, cleaning, laundry, food shopping, and setting myself up for a week of success.  I think clean starts are the best way to stay motivated and having a refreshing weekend with friends doesn't hurt either.

Let me just tell you a little about what we did this weekend.

On Friday Evan has a short day.  I drop him off at 9am and I pick him up at noon.  The three hours I have to accomplish stuff goes by really fast.  So we decided to hit Target.


Things started off well but quickly turned into a meltdown.  


You know the kind, the no reason whatsoever meltdown.  So we went over to the baby section so he could jump in the cribs...  crib jumping makes everything better.


I don't know how this became a thing but we can't escape Target without a trip to the baby isle.


Having only 3 hours to run errands seems like a lot of time but when you figure in the amount of time it takes us to drive between each store (around these parts its about 20 minutes) you really only have time for one big errand... So I grabbed a Starbucks, got what I needed in Target and browsed... The rug isle is always fun for me... and Ryan tests each rug for its softness.



I picked up this bath salt.  It smells so good.  I am a sucker for a great bath salt.  Bonus points if it is a grapefruit flavor.


Also, the hat selection at Target is strong. 

We left Target and went to get Evan at school.... 


We met up with friends at the food court for everyone's favorite!  PIZZA

It was a long day at the mall... I popped into a few stores but ultimately spent my time chasing toddlers at the play area.  The kids tired out quick and I picked up my car at the detail center near Nordstroms, all fresh and clean (awesome perk at the mall)

Saturday morning we woke up, had pancakes and headed out the door for soccer.  I am not sure if I mentioned that I am head coach of Evan's soccer team... Don't ask.  I don't know how I got the gig but none the less its a lot of fun.  After soccer we met up with friends for an impromptu play date.  


The boys had a lot of fun playing t-ball.  It was a gorgeous day... 



These boys have been friends since they were 3 weeks old... Turns out that meeting friends at baby yoga become best friends and feel like family! 


Best part of Saturday night... Smores.  & if you are Evan than it is burning marshmallows and letting them fall in the fire. 


I think it is safe to say Evan loves smores.



Sunday morning I woke up and started some laundry and cleaning the house.  We left for church and then stayed a little late socializing and having coffee.  The kids were playing hide and seek so I was taking advantage of some adult conversation.  I left church and came home to clean out the fridge and meal plan for the week.  I want to get a head start on this week.  I don't want to be rushed.  I want to be organized and in control of all the crazy that is about to be thrown my way.


Sunday school started off with a sing along... 


I got these baskets at Target for $6.99 I use my apple basket for most fruits but I always needed something for veggies.  These were a perfect fit.  I'll be heading to the market after I bring Evan to school.  I am using Shay's Meal Planner and these recipes are so easy and delicious.



My swiffer broke... trip to Target today is in order.  I can't be without my swiffer.


This was Matt's sunrise Sunday morning.  How beautiful!



I didn't take many pictures Sunday because I was so busy.  I was catching up on all the laundry and preparing for the week ahead.  Thanks for following along and I'll see you tomorrow!  Hope you have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...