Thursday, September 29, 2016

Life Lately


Hey There! Thursday!  Welcome....

I have been super busy this week preparing for the arctic.  No, not really.  However, we went from wearing shorts to wearing hats and uggs in like- a hot minute.  I mean, today at the post office I saw a older woman wearing a winter jacket and gloves.  I was still wearing flip flops.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I was a little chilly but still... I was wearing flip flops.  My first thought was if she is wearing this now while it is 57 degrees, and I am wearing flip flops... what does she do in January... does she just not leave the house?  

Any who... back to life lately.  We are pretty much halfway through our hitch and I already am feeling like I need to tap out.  So much stuff has been going on around here... and we are super busy.  Evan has school three days a week, I am trying to get double doses of work out classes in, swim lessons, soccer practice, Sunday school, & play group... I need a drink.  Or an espresso shot.  


On Friday Evan only has school until noon time so we have a good half day to spend doing fun stuff. On this particular day he asked if we could go to Davis Farm so of course, off we went.  He is so happy he is big enough to be able to drive these little carts.  He has waited 4 years to reach those pedals, and I can't get him off of this.


Ryan didn't want to ride the slide so we watched on the side line.  This slide is pretty fast and Evan loves it.  It is made from a pool liner, who woulda-thunk it.


We went in to see the baby cakes and this one in particular loved my shirt.


Ryan is such a climber now.  He is so independent.  



Never in a million years did I think that Ryan would jump at the chance to feed a baby cow.  He was always so shy and timid around the bigger animals.  When the bottle was gone, he was sad and wanted to keep feeding her. 


These cows are cuties.  Matt has been asking me for years to get a cow.  I think these little ladies did a number on me, maybe some day we will have one of our own.



While walking through the farm we made a friend.  This little guy followed the boys around nibbling at their shorts until they picked him up to cuddle.  



We had so much fun on this farm trip.  


The other day I took Evan to snip-its for a hair cut.  I was very hesitant for a while to cut it but I figured he needed a little trim.  He looks adorable.  I just love how it came out.  I am not typically impressed with snip its but she did great.  I didn't have Ryan's cut because he is still growing out his Lloyd Christmas cut from the last lady at snip-its.


We had fun at the library this week!  We have been reading a lot about pumpkins and witches.  Evan loves that he can take books home from the library.  It is his new found passion.


Ryan and I watched a cute little puppet show.


A while back I missed a registration dateline for a community play group and I was so disappointed.  For the heck of it I decided to join the wait list and after two classes we got a call that  there was a spot and we were so excited. 


The boys had so much fun.  They were playing with all the toys in all the rooms.  They played with each other and independent.  I am so happy we got in and look forward to signing up for the next one this winter.



Does this scarf scream fall!  YES!  Love the color and I can wear it with all of my vests.  Double yes.


I snagged this book from Target the other day.  I can't wait to read it.


I put together a quick road snack this morning.  All I added was dried cherries, small peanut butter cup chips, cashews & almonds.  Delicious.  The boys love it to.


We are in serious pizza making mode.  How else would I get my kids to eat veggies!!  ??  Add them to the pizza - duh.


Guys- seriously.  This kid had a real case of the Monday's the other day.


A great girlfriend of mine @journey2health_mom23 sent me this face mask after I participated in her eating clean challenge group on face book.  It was pretty amazing.  I am not sure if I put the mask on correctly but none the less felt very fancy wearing it.  OH, speaking of clean eating and journey to health- my friend is hosting another challenge coming up.  It is going to concentrate on meal plans, shopping lists, crock pot & fall recipes and work outs.  SIGN UP.  Do it w/ me, lets inspire each other.  OH, an you win some pretty cool prizes... like this face mask.


I whipped up a quick double chocolate zucchini bread the other day.  Again, hiding those veggies... I love feeling sneaky.  The best part, the kids added the dark chocolate chips and was even more excited to eat it.  

That is our life lately.  Thank you for following along and stopping in.  Stop by tomorrow to check out my friday favorites.  I got some stuff to share...







1 comment:

  1. Hi Loren! I'm Lauren too : ) Found you in the What's Up Wednesday linkup..your boys are way too cute!! Love that cheesy grin in your older son's haircut picture. And I like your idea about sneaking vegetables in...I don't have kids but that chocolate zucchini bread might be a great idea for my fiance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...