Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday Favorites


Wow, it is Friday already.  That was fast.  I know some of you were waiting patiently for this day but for me, it snuck up on me.  I had so many crazy exciting things happen this week.

I am linking up with Erika, Narcy and Andrea to bring you my favorites of the week.  

one

I have been striving each day to do better, make healthier choices and provide the most nutritious meals for my family.  My friend Susie sent me this website last night and I became absorbed in all things organic.  There is so much information on this site.  You have to check it out.


I am always inspired by healthy cooking and this website will not disappoint.



two

I mentioned in an earlier post that I picked up this book at Target.  I started reading it and I can't put it down.  I think Marie is describing me to a T during certain points and I find myself nodding my head in agreement with almost every other word, not to mention I want to hand this book out to everyone I know and say, see I told you so.  You should check it out if you are obsessed with cleaning and organizing like me. 


three

I just discovered white pumpkins people.  White pumpkins.  Where was I living, under a rock?  Apparently!  I just love them.  Is it strange that I wonder when I cut into it, if it is orange, or is it white?  None the less I will eat the seeds.  Just so cute!  Love my white pumpkins.


four

We were wait listed for a playgroup that is held in the town next to us and I am so glad that this week we got a call saying we were in.  I was so excited and my boys were able to participate this week.  They loved it and there was so much to see and do.


Every room has a little theme of toys.  They play for a bit, then get called in for snack and story.


This will be the perfect activity to do on those cold days that we have coming.


Ryan really didn't want to sit long for his snack.  He took off and left his little brother to eat all the goods.



five

I made a double chocolate zucchini bread this week and boy was it delicious.  The boys didn't even remember that the zucchini we were grating earlier was for this recipe.  It was funny because while we were preparing it, Evan says I don't like zucchini bread because it has zucchini in it... an hour later, the bread was cooked and cooled and I hear, mom, can I have another piece of that chocolate bread.  win. win. 

six

I have been on the clean eating, organizing and decluttering train since like, IDK, day 1 of starting this blog and late last night I got sucked into reading almost every little thing from Live Simply.  She is my new favorite.  I love everything about her little blog and all her creative ideas and recipes.  Go check her out.  Don't you just love when you stumble across something so inspiring you get so sucked in that you don't realize it is way past your bed time. 

seven

I am loving this scarf.  It can be worn with so many different colors. 

There you have it friends, all things favorite for the week.  I have so many activities planned for the weekend but the weather does not look so great for us.  We have a lot of rain in the forecast which is  a big bummer because I was hoping to get to the apple orchard to bake some nice pies for my ladies at the senior center.  Every year they do a little fall festival to raise money and I am the apple crisp expert.  I donate a bunch of small little pies for them to sell and of course keep a few for myself.  

Have a great weekend, gear up for a great week and I'll see you Monday with my weekend recap. 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE your dress/scarf/boots! Too cute girl!

    I loved Marie Kondo's book. Totally changed how I buy stuff and what I moved when I bought my house last year. I got rid of SO much stuff. But honestly, need to do it all again. I didn't follow the actual "rules".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...