Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday Favorites


Whoa! It is a supersize edition of my Friday Favorites.  I sat down to think about my favorites and all these things started rushing to my head and I couldn't keep up with my thoughts.  Wow, I had a great week! I survived another week of school and soccer practices... and I am gearing up for a very busy weekend of soccer, birthday parties, running and a busy church day.  

I think I need a coffee!  or a cappuccino, wait, no- a latte.  An almond milk latte with cinnamon!  Why yes, that is one of my favorites this week.

Every Friday I link up with Andrea, Erika and Narci to bring you my favorites of the week so here we go.


one

Matt sent me this picture his first few days on the ship.  He woke up to this rainbow.  This is his view from the bridge.  How pretty!  


two

I picked two of these can's up for my mother in law the other day at Whole Foods.  She is working on making a pumpkin martini.  It was a long process to get it just right but boy was it delicious.

 three

I was shopping at Whole Foods this week and I was picking up a few products for the boys.  I love this brand for bubbles.  I usually by the lavender but decided to try this and now I use it for myself.  It is eucalyptus mint.  It smells so awesome.  


four

I was buying the small bottle of Tom's toothpaste.  You know the one with the alligator on it.  I feel like I was going through a tube a week and I found this bigger size and decided to try it.  The kids loved the strawberry flavor.  They also love that it is a flip top and not a screw top.  The more excited my kids are for brushing their teeth the happier I am every morning and night.  Win. Win.



 five

We also use the Everyday shampoo and body wash and with all the new flavor trying this week we decide to go ahead and try coconut strawberry.  Again, winning!  I love the scent and the pump adds to the excitement. 



 six

I finally got through the entire container of sea salt I had in the house and when I went to refill the salt container I decided to do a little research and found that himalayan pink salt is the way to go.  I have been reading a ton on GMO's and talking with my family about the severity we are facing with GMO's and I am becoming aware of the products I purchase.  I am striving to stay GMO free! 



 seven

On Tuesday I got stung by a bee.  I was just walking through the yard and made contact with a honey bee and bam.  Stung.  It didn't hurt as much as I remember when I was a kid but it was definitely a little zing.  My friend told me to put raw honey on it.  I did that and covered it with an ice pack.  Apparently honey bee's really itch after they sting... so putting honey on it helps.  Strange I know.  Any who, my friend was telling me all about the advantages of raw honey so I picked myself up some at Whole Foods.  I have been putting it on toast among many other uses.



 eight

On with the Whole Foods finds.... I ran out of oil last week and I never realized how much I use until I didn't have any.  So while I was grocery shopping this week I picked this up.  I love the Dr. Bronner's soap so I knew I would love this.  I love what they are all about and I love that this is used for medium to high heat cooking.  I use this stuff for everything.  Hair masks.  Cooking.  Skin.  In my bath water.  On my kids skin.  Take off my make up.. you  name it, I am using it. 


nine

My girlfriend Susie sent me this cleaner she made.  It smells amazing and if I am being honest- takes care of all the tough stains and grime on my tub and toilet.  I could wash my tub and then give my kids a bath the same day and not even worry that there is any nasty harsh detergent or chemical lingering in the tub.  It doesn't hurt that this is really easy to make yourself.  If you are interesting in learning more or purchasing some essential oils for yourself, send me an email and I will hook you up  with my friend Susie.  She is a wealth of information!  She is a mom to twins and still has the time to make her own body butter, soap, detergent, cleaner and face wash.  The list goes on and on! 


This lasted me quite a while.  You don't really need that much either.. A little goes a long way.  It just smells so good. 



ten

I can't even stand the cuteness.  So I put Ryan to bed last night at 6:00.... I took a bath, watched some tv and went up to bed around 8:30.  I always go in and check on him before bed.  This particular night Evan was going to be sleeping in my bed because it wasn't a school night... so when I went in his room and he wasn't in his crib, I kinda panicked.  Then I quickly looked and he was tucked so snuggly in bed.  I think he is ready for a big boy bed.  I think he was a little disappointed that Evan was not in bed.. 


Bonus Favorite

These were just delivered today.  Cheers to 14 years!  My husband remembered that 14 years ago today we had our first date.  WOW, I can't even believe it.  Better yet, he remembered that and I didn't.  However, these flowers are SUPER awesome and I really love them.  My husband is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me.  I can't imagine life without him.

That is it for me this week.  WHAT a week!  I had so many favorites.  So many things are going on this weekend.  We have birthday parties, soccer practice and amazing weather to boot.  Thank you for following friends, see you Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...