Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Weekend Recap


My weekend went by so fast and so did my Monday.  I totally forgot to talk to you about what happened over the weekend.  Wow, where do I start, I already forget.  

So Friday- hmmm what in the world did I do on Friday.

Wow, Friday was the last day of Vacation Bible School for my church and that seemed like forever ago.  



Ryan did a lot of laying around when he was with me at camp.  


Since he wasn't quite old enough to participate he just hung around and floated between all the activities.  The last day it was SO HOT that he was the kid with no shirt or shoes running around church.


His face was so red and his hair was so sweaty.  He was having a blast regardless of what he looks like here.  We just loved VBS!


At the end of the morning we had a cookout and the ice cream truck came.  Thankfully these popsicles were so HUGE that they were still able to enjoy some of it as it melted all over their faces.


Saturday my sister and I went to my moms.  I have been trying to keep the phone away and therefor these were the only pictures I took.  I left my phone in my bag and just enjoyed the time with my family.  I also dabbled in a little book reading. 


Ryan was swimming and playing in the sand... Pretty much he was inside this inner tube for 80% of his day.


Sunday morning we woke up to the wild turkeys crossing the road.  Mom, Dad and about 11 babies.  It is really hard to see because I wasn't able to get close.  The dogs were going nuts barking at them.


Later that morning I met up with my cousin to run the butterfly 5K. 


All I can really say about it is that I finished.  That is my proudest moment of this race.  It seriously was so hot that people were actually passing out and getting sick on the side of the road.  It was dangerously hot and a ton of kids were running it. 


Some of the race was on freshly paved road and it seriously was like an oven.  At one point, I thought I was on fire.  It really felt like someone put me in a burning oven. The sun hit you directly on the face... and my body was pulsating from the heat.  I definitely do not recommend running in that heat. It was torture.  However, we made it.  I ran it.  I was happy with the results.  I didn't break any records and I certainly wasn't qualifying for the olympics, I just set a personal goal, and nailed it.


After that treacherous run, we were able to go swimming so my day was instantly better.  The boys had a blast swimming and I can see Ryan's confidence level sore each time we get into the pool.  


The boys were wiped by the end of the day.  We had a nice relaxing evening.  The boys had an early bath and an early bed time.  I was able to sit and relax and start a new series on netflix.  

That was my weekend.  Everyone about it was amazing and fun.  We are in countdown mode.  I have so much happening to prepare for Matt's arrival.  It is going to be one awesome day (and a wake up)

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...