Monday, August 15, 2016

Living A Clean & Organic Life


In the last couple of weeks I really decided to be good to my body.  I have been reading everything and anything I can get my hands on regarding how to treat my body right, how to love my body, how to love my life and do what makes me happy.  In doing that I needed to let go of a lot of baggage.  I had to let go of hazardous relationships with people that didn't provide the added value to my life, I needed to purge clothes that I hung on to that weren't really me but were trendy and pushed my direction, I minimized, I downsized... I decided to live an authentic life and fill it with what really drives me to be a better person.  I am a happier person, I am a better mom and a better wife. 

Here is a little bit of what I've been doing and what is motivating me.


I also noticed I have been on my phone way to much.  I really love the simple life.  As much as I love my phone, I really love that quality time I have with my kids.  We connect, we discuss, we snuggle, we cuddle and we do it uninterrupted.  Here is a quick guide that helped me get back on track.



I have done all of these except leave my phone at home while going out to dinner.  I haven't had that pleasure yet but as soon as Matt comes home and the time is right, I am leaving my phone at home! 



Jumping back to clothes for a second, I am in need of a major closet over haul.  I have barely any room to put anything, I can't seem to find what it is I am looking for, my shoes are being squished because we have little space, my hand bags are crunched in corners of my shelving system and I have just a lot of quantity and not a lot of quality.  As I mentioned, I have been reading the book Balancing in Heels and I find it very motivating.  So in her book she mentions that its best to have those quality pieces and it reminded me that I have been wanting to do just that.  I also have a lot of stuff that isn't really "me" if that makes sense. For example:  I love Lilly Pulitzer... like LOVE LOVE LOVE.  Her clothes are funky, pretty, summery, and make you want to go on a boat and sail to an island drinking a mojito. 

I love how all the models look in the clothes.  I love all the bloggers I see wearing them... and for the most part the Lilly stuff I have I love but every time I wear something from her I feel like the entire world stops and stares at me.  The prints are so bold and colorful that I feel out of place.  I am a neutral girl through and through.  I have more white t-shirts than target.  


Oh, look!  another new white t-shirt that I love.


See what I mean... it is like, every time I reach for something in my closet it consists of a t-shirt and jean shorts.. which is totally awesome and easy and makes me realize that I am not going to get dressed up every day in skinny jeans, booties, and v-neck lush shirts from Nordstrom.

So I have decided to do a closet over haul and go through things that I make me really happy and make me feel comfortable in my own skin. 


#closetgoals #neutralislife

Lettuce go back to clean eating (see what I did there) -ok, sorry yes, I am embarrassing.

I need to take control of the foods that I am putting into my mouth.  I need to know what is in them, how it is being prepared and made.  My kids deserve to have someone advocate for their health whether they know its good for them or not.  I want to know that I am doing the very best I can for their little growing bodies.  If you follow an 80/20 rule you will be so much happier with how your new lifestyle is going.  Try and be amazing 80% of the time.  Check and read labels, prepare and cook new recipes with wholesome fresh new ingredients that you've never tried.  So when you are on vacation you can enjoy that meal, or ice cream and indulge in the 20%.  It is all about balance.  Here is a quick shopping guide that I use to help me in the grocery store.


The more I read about living a clean and organic life the more I realize I am inspired to be better in all aspects and avenues.... so I am going to work on it all little by little and I will take you along for this journey and lifestyle haul.  Thanks for stopping in and checking me out today.  I know this post is random, off topic and a little all over the place but I know you get what I am saying.  

We are in official countdown mode over here.  We are so excited.  We have so much to do before Wednesday night.  We are going to have an amazing next hitch enjoying the rest of our summer before school starts and the crazy begins.  

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the 7-day phone detox but not turning it on for an entire day isn't really an option. The others I could probably handle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...