Monday, July 25, 2016

Let's Talk- School Days


Happy Monday!  Hope you had a great weekend.  I am linking up with Andrea and Erika to talk about school days.  

The days when I tight rolled my pants in middle school, all the way to the days I wore a uniform in college... AHHHH the days of school.  Ya, I do miss them.  

I sadly, don't even have any digital pictures of when I was in school (and wow that makes me sound really old) but I don't...   I can't even begin to tell you how awesome and fun school was for me.  I know some people dread the thought of school or when they think back at school they are just so glad it was over... not me.  I loved it.  I loved my friends, I loved my daily activities and the sports I played.  I was really into cheerleading and softball.  I also did track one year but that was because I think I didn't make the softball team, and well I despised track.  It was so boring.  I just ran by myself through the woods and then just sat on a stinky bus to get home. 

I cheered for basketball and football.  I also did competition so in a nutshell, I was always cheering and doing random cheer moves and dances at the dinner table.  My senior year was pretty awesome.  Not only was I captain but my sister was also on the team and she was my base for all of my stunts.  I swear, I never could trust anyone else holding my one leg way up in the air.... I just knew she would never drop me.  I loved my senior cheer squad.... So yah, for fall and winter I cheered and then the spring came and I would play softball.  I was an outfielder.  I played mostly right field and I was always pinch running for someone.  I was always the girl who would bunt, and it got to the point that almost always, if I was going to bat, I was bunting and well, I would always get on base... 

AHHHH the good ol' days of high school.  I just look back and think, wow, why didn't I soak it in more and enjoy it... but it seemed rushed.  It seemed as though we were always waiting and counting down to the next game, test, party, graduation... etc.. and poof its gone.  My little small town celebrated big... we moved on and I went away to college.


HELLO Mass Maritime Academy







Yes, I wore all these uniforms.  Yes, I sailed on this ship.  Yes, I loved every minute of it.  I really could not imagine my life without MMA in it.  After all, I met my husband at MMA.  I got my first real job out of MMA, and this school shaped me into the person I am today.  The hard work, dedication and determination I had to put into this program was unreal.  Worth it, every step of the way.  I will forever hold a special place for this school.  I really hope some day my boys want to go here.  I hope that they see how much success their parents had.  

OH and the stories I have to tell.  They are like no other.



The bandana... wow.  I am totally going to regret showing you guys these.  


My friend Jess... LOVE this girl!



My ride or die girls.... 

They were there for me through college and they stood up for me at my wedding.  I love these women fiercely. 


We were taking the ship through the Cape Cod Canal heading out for two months at sea.


This uniform.  Every day.  


Seriously, embarrassing.  I think we can all agree that this is not a good look on me.


Saying goodbye on yet another sea term.


Just taking a needle gunning break on the ship.

These memories are awesome.  I loved taking a trip down memory lane for you guys.  I wish I had pictures of high school handy because that would be totally hilarious.  



Thanks for stopping in.  Have a great week.  


Join us next time when we talk about our fall favorites.  



SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. So fun!! Isn't it crazy how we can't believe some things we wore but back then we thought we were so cool. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...