Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Hitch Goals


Matt left for his ship and as sad as I am to see him go, I am also a little bit excited, because we need rest... We have not stopped having fun for an entire month and we are EXHAUSTED.  I think it is going to take me an entire month to recuperate.  However, really I think by Friday I will be missing him and so will the boys.  I am going to use this next month to get some things accomplished. 

Let me tell you what my plans are for this month.

one

It has been a while since I had my hair done.  I go to Will Charles salon in Boston so if you are in the area I highly recommend seeing Billie Jean for color and Eric for cut.... My cousin told me about them about a year ago and I have loved coming to see them ever since. 


two

Clean and organize my bedroom... I mean, seriously, look at this disaster.  I swear, I am a clean and organized person but this month of traveling and never being home has seriously taken its tole on me.  I need to spend an entire day cleaning, folding and throwing stuff away.  I have to go through  my closet and take out stuff that I don't wear.  I need to make some room for the #NSale stuff that I got... can't wait to show you guys.... Hurry up, stuff is going fast.



three

I usually am up early (duh, I have kids) but my goal is to wake up before the kids every morning.  I don't want to just wake up and start making breakfast with some screaming toddler hanging off my underwear.... I want to wake up, drink my coffee, post on my blog, water the garden, feed the dogs, start breakfast, unload the dishwasher, throw a load of laundry in the machine, workout/stretch... I mean, I have a lot of stuff I want to do alone... so I want to wake up even earlier than early.  I want to wake up at 5... Can I please have a cheerleader... anyone.. who wants to do wake up with me?


four

I am going to work on eating a cleaner diet.  I went gluten free almost two months ago and at first it was really easy.  I was able to eat whole foods... which is especially easy in the summer.  I went to the farmers market weekly and things were going well until I decided I wanted cookies and treats.  I went to whole foods and stocked up on crackers, cookies and other treats labeled gluten free and ate them just because they were GF.  I think that I need to get back on track.  I also want to eat foods that fuel my body.  Foods that make my hair and nails grow and my skin glow.... that kinda clean eating.


five

I don't like to blame everything on my kids being tired but there is some truth to how a child behaves when they are severely lacking sleep.  My kids have always required a great deal of sleep.  However, this last month with all the fun activities and traveling we have been doing they have not been getting their fair share of quality zzz's.  I want to instill a normal bed time back in these kids.  I need some quiet time for myself as well.  I think this will be an easy goal to reach.  



six

My kids have been eating super unhealthy lately with all the traveling we have been doing.  My goal this hitch is to get them to eat healthier and back on track with fuel efficient meals.  My kids love to eat "dorito doritos" which is what they call a burrito.  So these healthy wraps will be my go to for the next month.  


seven

I was HUGE into bootcamp before kids.  I worked out 5 days a week @ 5:30am and 5 days a week @ 5:30pm.  I loved it.  These girls were my everything.  I was in the best shape of my life and it was so much fun.  My goal is to seriously increase my work out ability.  I know realistically I can't be out of the house for over 2 hours a day doing work outs.  


I am going to be at the gym more and hitting the classes hard that I can.  I want to push my body physically.  I really do miss my girls at boot camp.  So this month, I am going to be the best I can be.


I think that sums up my hitch goals for this month.  As always, I will clean, organize, rearrange and throw out stuff for the entire month Matt is gone. I really enjoy cleaning.  It is a cardio workout for me and this month will be no different.  I have some MAJOR cleaning and organizing to do.  We are getting ready for a HUGE change in our family and cleaning is a going to be a huge part, kinda like nesting :) (more to come on all that in the future) 


Remember, it takes 30 days to make a habit so hopefully by the time Matt comes home these goals will be more of a lifestyle for us.

Thank you for following along.  Do you have a hitch goal you think I should try?  send it along.  See you tomorrow.  I have major errands to run today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...