Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday Favorites- vacation edition


Happy Friday Friends!  I am still trying to catch up on sleep from our vacation.  I spent the day yesterday doing laundry, washing dishes and cleaning my car.  My. Car. Was. Disastrous.

I am linking up with Erika, Andrea and Narci to talk to you about my favorites this week.  Honestly, it is hard to choose because I have been trying so many new things but I was able to come up with a short list for you.  

one

I have been gluten free now for about a month and recently came across this chewy marshmallow bar from the coffee shop on the mountain.  Listen folks, this is a must try item if you ever go into an Aroma Joes.  They also have some gluten free donuts but I went with this to satisfy my sweet tooth and I was SO SO happy I did.  It was delicious.

If you notice, I have some crazy colorful sneakers on.  That brings me to my favorite number two of the week.


two

These Zee Alexis sneakers are the bomb dot com.  & for some reason I am crazy over the colors.  They are mesh and are so light weight and comfortable.  I am usually a size 6 but I am wearing a size 37 (without socks) and they run like a 6-6.5

I am in love and probably will go out and buy another color, possible black.  I want to give them away as presents and stock up incase they go out of stock... basically just bury me with these shoes.

Fun Fact: they were on Oprah's list of her favorites.  So, I am basically famous now.


three

Speaking of famous, I ran into this guy on vacation.  We were coming out of the candy store, Penny's candy and he was coming in.  He was with his beautiful wife Nancy and his adorable daughter.  My husband didn't think anything of it, just casually walked by and after I said "That was Jimmy Fallon" and he didn't believe me.  


We stayed outside the penny store so the kids could run and play on the grass area.  That was our plan all along but it totally looked like we were hanging outside the store. 

I thought of asking for a picture but then got totally embarrassed and I was not going to do such a thing.  So after he walked out, I just let Jimmy walk by and I just stared creepily out my glasses.. and then I hear.



EXCUSE ME, BUT WOULD IT BE MUCH TROUBLE TO TAKE A PICTURE WITH MY WIFE.

I DIED.


He was very nice, and very nice to everyone he saw throughout his shopping trip because we ran into him twice since then.  Which again was so awkward... bc no, we aren't following you! I tried to hide from him when I ran into him again... I think famous people are the ones that should be sneaking around not fans... but I seriously, was just so embarrassed. 

four









My boys first time seeing fireworks would certainly be a favorite of mine.  The anticipation of what "fireworks" were probably were the best part.  We were explaining to them what they were, how they worked and they were excited to see what colors there would be.

Every time a fire work went off and exploded Ryan would say "more" "more"  It was so cute.  I am not sure how in the world they stayed awake for them, or leading up to them because my kids usually are in bed so early but they were so excited and I am so glad it all worked out the way it did.  

I can't wait to go back to this lake next year and watch the fire works again with my little family.



That sums up my week.  Hope you have a great weekend.  I am going to be relaxing by the pool and finishing up laundry.  See you Monday!







3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up :) Ummm, how freaking cool that you saw Jimmy Fallon! I love him! Ha ha I love that your hubby asked him to take a pic with you! That would so be my hubby.

    Lizzie
    www.thishappylifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would totally have died!! What fun to have these pictures. Looks like a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool that you met Jimmy! And yes, rice krispie treats are the ideal gluten-free dessert!

    http://ashortblonde.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...