Monday, June 20, 2016

Returning Home from Vacation- Essentials!


Going on vacation is super fun!  Returning home from vacation is SUPER not fun. 

I want to share with you some of the little things that I do before we leave to help make that transition a bit easier... for the kids and for the adults.  

wash your sheets
The day you leave for vacation put a fresh pair of sheets on your bed.. and if your feeling really ambitious change out your kids bedding.  There is something about traveling home after vacation and climbing into a soft cozy freshly washed set of sheets.  Seriously, the best feeling.  



wash all your laundry
Don't leave yourself with dirty laundry.  Get all the laundry done.  Fold it.  Put it away.  When you get home you are more than likely going to have a suitcase full of dirty laundry to do... and your entire travel day home you are thinking about how awful it is going to be to have to wash it, so make sure you don't have extra work for yourself.  Put in the extra work before you go, trust me.  You will thank me.



empty your dishwasher / clean off your kitchen counters
Leave your kitchen free of dirty dishes.  Load up the dishwasher, run it and empty it.  Wipe down the counters and keep them clear of clutter.  You are probably going to be carrying in a ton of mail that has piled up while you were gone and you need space to go through it. 



vacuum and wash your floors
Pick up all your kids toys and run your vacuum.  When you walk in the door with all your stuff and your crazy whiney kids from traveling all day you will be so happy to walk into a nice clean house.  If you can, plug in an air freshener.  We use the febreeze gain
and it smells like fresh clean laundry, all. the. time.  After being gone for your trip you will notice the smell right away and it seriously makes my heart happy.


stock your fridge/cabinets
You probably won't have much luck keeping stuff fresh so have items ready that are packaged or frozen.  Your kids will want a snack at the most inopportune time and your husband will just stare blankly at you because he doesn't know where to begin when he walks in the door.  Organic whole milk will last more than a week so don't be afraid to buy it and keep it in the fridge.


These are just a few of the things that I do before I leave on any trip.  Whether it be just for a weekend or for a week.  I always enjoy having my house clean when I walk in.  If you have any tips to share please leave them in the comments. 


We are in countdown mode... meaning it is our last week before Daddy comes home and I usually have a list of stuff to accomplish and stuff I want to get done.  Most of the heavy cleaning I wait until Wednesday morning but the food shopping, grass cutting and trash removal starts happening now..
Send me some positive energy- I have a lot to do.  


We have some very excited people in this house.  Have a great Monday.







1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...