Friday, June 17, 2016

Friday Favorites: Traveling Edition

Happy Friday!  After this weekend we are in official countdown mode.  We will have just a few short days before Daddy is home.  Which means we will need to freshen up all the sheets in the house, do a MAJOR grocery shop, clean the fridge, cut the grass, re-organize his drawers and stock up on beer.

I am linking up with Erika, Narci and Andrea to bring to you my Friday Favorites - Traveling edition.

Matt and I will be traveling a lot this summer.  
Our last mini trip was a bit chaotic because we decided on it literally about 12 hours before we left and we were very frazzled.  I told him we need to stream line our packing process to make things a little less stressful and more enjoyable.  After all, shouldn't we be excited about our trips instead of dreading to pack for them. 


DETAILS: 1. PASSPORT COVER | 2. SUNGLASSES | 3. FASHION DESIGNER BOOK SET | 4. WHITE CARRY-ON SUITCASE | 5. COZY SWEATSHIRT (UNDER $50 – MORE COLORS HERE) | 6. LUGGAGE TAGS | 7. GREY JOGGERS (UNDER $60) | 8. SNEAKERS | 9. HYDRATING FACE MIST | 10. CONCEALER | 11. PORTABLE CHARGER | 12. EYE MASK  | 13. HEADPHONES

If you are traveling international (which Matt is always doing) the best thing to do is have all your papers organized.  I just renewed my passport and I also ordered the boys a passport.. having something to keep everything together is a must and this Kate Spade is so basic yet stylish.

Obvi.  You need sunglasses.. Our trip turned crazy once when I forgot mine and we spent the next several hours looking for somewhere to purchase them.  I am a stickler about which ones I wear, and they have to be perfectly comfortable or I come down with a headache.  It is always a good idea to pack a cheapo pair.  If you have kids, and you are near water, chances are they will grab them and throw them and you really don't want your Maui Jims sinking off the side of the boat like mine did. 

Reading material! Long before we had iPhones and traveled with lap tops I would pack magazines.  I would go to barnes and noble and probably spend about $30 on reading material. I loved sitting on the beach flipping a magazine or sitting on the couch after a day on the boat and just reading gossip.  It was my outlet. With all the technology I stopped doing this.. (also why buy it when you can get it for free) but if I am going on a long trip I will grab a few, for old times sake.

Traveling with many people requires a skill of packing.. our last trip had us all using ONE GIGANTIC bag and honestly it didn't work, everything was unfolded and tossed around.  We were rummaging through always looking for something.  I think now each of us having our own luggage will make things a lot easier.. also how easy will it be after vacation to just easily wash one persons clothes.  yes, please.

You need something comfy to travel in.  Period.  End of Story.  I know you see all these cute fashionistas at the airport and you stare at them like some sort of celebrity but really, lets think about those crammed seats on the plane, and the weird cold air blowing down on you. You know its not fresh caribbean air... it's recycled dirty air, so cover up, be warm, and be comfy.

Makeup and beauty products are important but keep it simple.  I first start using this concealer when Lo Bosworth posted it on her youtube channel.  I love the sleek look.  It works well, its long lasting, and you can use it as a highlighter as well.  Make your products double.  Use a cream blush for lipstick, and vice versus.  Carry less, use more.  

Don't forget a portable phone charger.  I know you think you want to disconnect on your vacation and rightfully so, but we have our all the time, and EVERY TIME, I am so thankful Matt remembers to pack it.  Our last little vacation, Matt's truck broke down and his cell phone was dead, but he had his charger and all was well when we were able to contact AAA.

Do you have any fun plans to travel this summer, do you have any special hints or tricks?  

Have a great weekend!  See you Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...