Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Whats Up Wednesday




Hi- I am linking up today to tell you...

WHAT'S UP

Join us if you want to follow along...




WHAT WE ARE EATING

Yep, pretty much every morning.... I love that summer comes with fresh fruit because the meal choices are endless... for me though I like to add a scoop of protein powder.. sometimes even with the kids pancakes I will add in the greens super food.. and they don't even notice... I buy the berry flavor.

  • *Makes about 14 pancakes
  • 3 large eggs, separated
  • 1 cup full-fat sour cream
  • 3 tablespoons whole milk
  • 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2/3 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries 
  • 4 tablespoons butter, for the pan
  • Maple syrup, for serving

In a large bowl whisk together the egg yolks, sour cream, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, and baking powder. In a separate large bowl add flour and blueberries and toss to combine, making sure berries are fully coated in the flour. Add flour mixture to the wet milk mixture, and stir just to combine; do not over mix! The batter will be thick, so don't worry if there's a lot of clumps left. Add egg whites to a large bowl or the body of a stand mixer. Beat using a handheld mixer or the whisk attachment until the whites begin to form soft peaks. With a rubber spatula fold egg whites into flour/sour cream mixture, stirring until fully incorporated. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Ladle 1/3 cup scoops of the batter into the skillet, only cooking a few at a time so they don't blend together. Cook pancakes until the edges begin to brown and the top of the batter bubbles, then flip and  cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat for all pancake batter. Top pancakes with syrup and extra blueberries, or anything else your heart desires! Serve at once.


WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT

Evan's first fishing tournament.


You can't really tell, but my legs are spread so far apart because there was a giant belly hanging down...


Matt will be missing this year, but he will be there in spirit... 


He missed last year also.  It was pretty hysterical because it wast just me, baiting the hook, reeling in fish, all while breastfeeding and carrying an 11month old.


I am looking forward to fishing this year. Ryan will be exactly the same age as Evan was his first fishing derby.. should be interesting.  Wish me luck.



WHAT I'M LOVING


I love love love this mask.. I love the smell and the texture and the way it makes my skin feel after.  I highly recommend this- however, just a fair warning that it does provide a great tingling sensation at the first application but fades as the mask sits.. but its a good tingle... like I am getting my $48 worth tingle... 



WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO





We built an addition on to our current coop.... we adopted 5 more chickies... and they now have their forever home.  Since we can't yet integrate them with our current flock we had to separate the coop and make it a duplex for a little while.. it is lot more work than it seems.  We still need to add the siding, install windows, and do some painting.



WHAT I'M DREADING

I am flying solo for the next month... change is happening but I am ready for it.



WHAT I'M WORKING ON





Love my Crocs


So much work, but so worth it...



WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT
We have a trip planned next time home for us to meet friends at Story Land.. we are staying a week and we hope to also hit Santa's Village. After we leave story land we are taking our boat over to our cabin and we are staying through the 4th of July... so much fun planned and I am so excited for it.. I am also excited because the last time I took the boys to Story Land it was while Matt was working and this time he will be with us which will be so much more fun.. and Ryan will be walking and how awesome will that be to not have to carry a baby around an amusement park all day... yup, that was me last year.



WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING

When Matt is home we do not watch tv... I know, weird right.. we just don't so while he is home I DVR all my favorites...


Then when he leaves for the month I binge watch at night and catch up...


& I have heard I have some serious catching up to do...


The only good part about Matt leaving is I get to watch TV... oh and sleep in the middle.



WHAT I'M LISTENING TO

&
-"mom, ryan is touching me"
-"mom, ryan hit me"
-"mom, you're ignoring me"



WHAT I'M WEARING

Lots of stripes and jeans... 



WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND 

We are going to a cookout this weekend at a friends and I am going to make some sort of pasta salad.
Or maybe a desert... depends on my craving. 



WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH

Swimming, Grilling, Chilling & Relaxing.. I've waited all year for these two months of summer and I am going to enjoy every minute of it..

Also, we are planning these two crazies a birthday party!




WHAT ELSE IS NEW

Evan started his horseback riding lessons... He loves it.. He didn't want to get off and he didn't want to leave... far cry from last year when he really wanted to take lessons but didn't want to get on the horse.. which makes horse back riding kinda tough. 


His horse's name is Sneakers.. I think it is so cute.

Thank you for stopping by and reading what we have been up to.  I hope that ya'll have a great day.. I will see you back here to talk to you about my June Hitch Goals... If you missed my previous hitch goals you can read them here.  




1 comment:

  1. Those blueberry pancakes look delicious!!!
    And I agree...gardening is a lot of work, and I'm HOPING it ends up being worth it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...