Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What I Wore - Spring Essentials

I am linking up with The Pleated Poppy to bring to you my favorite spring essentials.  

The first day of spring is usually some time in March... Here in New England you may be buried under 3 feet of snow... or maybe it will be 90 degrees... (I remember that day so clearly because I was pregnant with Evan and that day I went out and spent lots of $ on maternity wear) 

So to dress for spring... well, that really doesn't happen until April around here.. and at the end of April sometimes at that.. so dressing for this weather can be really tricky which means you need a lot of options.

Some people are pulling out those fancy fun floral dresses, strapping on some wedges or sling backs.. and here I am....




Yes, this happened... Yes this was March (sigh)

Have no fear ladies... one day snow, the next... well rain.. and with rain you need an awesome pair of rain boots.


As we move closer to April/end of April/Hello May... I can safely say I am wearing ankle showing jeans, slip on sneakers, t-shirts under cardigans, lighter scarfs & (wait for it) maybe a spring dress or skirt...

I am a busy mom and most of my outfits & essentials are pretty basic... I don't really go anywhere nice enough to wear a floral dress, wedges and carry a cute bag... Most of the time I am running in and out of target, playing at the park or playground, grocery shopping or cleaning the house.. 

But a little while back I told myself I was going to make an effort every day to get dressed and try and do something with myself because it truly does make you feel so much better and motivated.

Besides, I have a closet full of amazing outfits, handbags, & accessories... I really needed to start using them or stop buying them...

I started using them :)

First thing- you need ....

I got some of mine off amazon, and I have a few pricier ones but honestly I prefer amazon.  You can wear them several ways, they are inexpensive, add tons of color... and also, you are going to laugh, but sometimes I will take it off and use it as a blanket in the car for my kids... because why not right?!


I will usually my plaid scarf with stripes, I don't know why, and I am not a professional stripe wearer but I think it looks good, especially black and white stripes.

Usually when I leave the house to bring Evan to school, it is not yet warm enough to leave without a coat, so I think having an easy lightweight jacket is a must have.... my go to is this Burberry jacket that goes with everything.. I am wearing a size small and the color is ink. I love this jacket. 


I don't wear the belt.  I find that it falls off since I never tie it.










I am wearing a size small.  I love the color, and the fit is perfect.  It transitions so nicely for those really cold mornings to the warm afternoons in the park.


White pants are a spring staple if you ask me... You can dress them up, or dress them down.  I love a great pair of white jeans.  These are the crop jeans from spanx.... if you are looking for something similar or a bit fancier that you could wear to work check out Betabrand.  Their women's pants are a must for the busy working mom. 

Also, check out the maternity pants... all you need is comfort when pregnant and that is what you will get with these - maternity dress pant yoga pants... anything with the name yoga pant as part of their title you know must be comfortable.


Linen Shirt from J.Crew- wearing a size 2 (true to size)


David Yurman Madison bracelet (similar)


LV Speedy Multicolor (similar)


From what I understand they aren't making the multicolor bags anymore, so all of us that are holding on to this will soon be holding a vintage handbag we can pass down.


Carrying a handbag like this really isn't practical for me and my life so what I did was I bought this strap... I attach it to the gold on the handles and wear all my LV speedy's cross body.  Free hands for holding babies.



Tory Burch Thora Flip Flop... they are so comfortable and versatile.


Light weight sweater is definitely a spring essential... 


White-goes with everything! I got my sweater from Lilly Pulitzer... it was the half yearly sale in August so I didn't get to wear it much since it was end of summer but I am going to start wearing it soon.. 


Tory Burch Espadrilles (similar)


My jeans are from spanx but they aren't currently offering full length right now -the new styles will be coming out soon (similar)  

So if you are looking for something you can wear right now check out the betabrand pants.. I think they would be perfect for heading to work, or even heading to the grocery store, flexible and transitional.



Also, this is my every day mom hairstyle... it is my own version of the top knot... 
(I've watched way to many youtube videos on how to achieve that knot... I settled with this wrapped bun)


You know I love a great white tee... and this is one spring essential that you need in your life.


Long sleeve, short sleeve, sleeveless-whatever it is, you need it.  It is a closet staple.


You don't even need to buy an expensive white tee, grab a few fresh ones at target next time your buying toothpaste... we all know you don't just leave with toothpaste... proof is in the plain white tee isle.


This is a long sleeve white tee from Lilly Pulitzer (similar)... it is so soft and transitions from dressy, polished and put together... to laid back and comfortable.  Exactly my style... swap out the flats and jewelry for  a hoodie and sneakers and there you have it... 








Dresses also need to be a spring essential, but like I said.. you might not be seeing temperatures that permit that, especially if you live near me.. but wearing this with a jean jacket, or even a hoodie, well that would work perfectly..


Tory Burch Sandals (similar)


My life doesn't really warrant pretty floral flowing dresses... so most all of my dresses that I wear just for fun are from Athleta.  I think they carry a great selection of fun sporty dresses perfect for being a mom. They wash well, they wear well, and they are toddler friendly.


They have a built in bra... which is perfect.  I am a little short so I usually take my maxi dresses to be hemmed and then they fit perfect.  


It is an easy dress to throw on and run errands... you are stylish, you look cute, & you feel good.. which is all that we want at the end of the day.  

Don't forget to check out betabrand!  Their pant selection is bomb and also I am spying on this winter coat that I think I might need.





Don't forget to link up with us every Wednesday to inspire others on how to feel their best.

See you tomorrow!  one more day closer to the weekend & warmer temperatures.





The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...