Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Slimming Detox Water


A year after Ryan was born I decided to try this diet called ideal protein.  My mother in law was doing it and she was having great results.  I just had this extra baby weight from #1 & #2 hanging (literally) off me and I wanted some help in losing it.  The one thing I loved about this diet was because of the calorie intake they did not like you to work out if you weren't already doing so.  Sadly, I wasn't working out but I did miss it.  It is just hard to get to the gym with two littles (2 under 2) at home and no one else to help you. So I decided to try it and I lost 26pounds.  BOOM.  baby weight gone... and I was so happy.  

Don't get me wrong.. baby weight was gone, but mommy's body wasn't back... HELLO, I am not 21 anymore, although some days I wish I was... but, no, I was in my 30's now and although I was happy the weight was gone I still needed to work out and hit the gym to tone..

Fast forward a few more months, and another season and I had gained 13pounds of that weight back.... ahhhh how did it happen, it was impossible.. so I decided to try the diet again at the beginning of March and I lost 16pounds (3 of those pounds thanks to the stomach bug) and here I am now.... I am back down to my pre baby weight and I am so happy.  However, I still find that I need to be careful, work out and drink TONS and TONS of water... and I don't know about you but I don't like sipping on plain water all day... So I add some fruit and veggies to help get it down... Hopefully you can follow these simples ingredients water recipes to help get your water down if your a struggling drinker like myself.. I will do a more in depth post on the ideal protein diet soon but I am still sorta in it... I plan on going back on the diet when Matt is back at work for the last few weeks before summer... 


Cucumber and Lime Detox Water

Slice half a lime and about eight slices of cucumber.  Place in a small glass jar or water bottle and refrigerate for an hour or more.  This one is a great drink for after a workout.  The cucumbers are a soothing and refreshing taste, help with water retention, and have anti-inflammatory properties.  The lemon helps with digestion and is great for amping up your immune system.




Grapefruit and Strawberry Detox Water

Slice about one half of a grapefruit and five strawberries, and place in a 32 ounce glass container or water bottle.  Refrigerate for an hour or more.  This is best for a large container like a mason jar because of the size of the grapefruit.  I love grapefruit so I don't mind the zesty taste as it is a bit strong.  This is the best for slimming down.  Grapefruit is great for your immune system and can  help boost your metabolism, which is why so many people call it the "fat-burning" super food.  Strawberries contain anthocyanin, which can also prevent fat cells from enlarging and are also a great metabolism booster.




Lemon Orange and Mint Detox Water

Slice half a lemon, a couple of slices of orange, and a handful of min leaves and place in a a large glass bottle or jar.  Refrigerate for a few hours.  This is probably the best tasting out of them all.  It is the perfect thing to drink all day long and has a subtle, pleasant taste to it.  The lemons are great for cleansing out your digestive system, the orange and peel are a great immune system booster, and the min helps soothe your stomach.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...