Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Show & Tell.... personal style


Good Morning Tuesday!  Twice a month on Tuesday we link up with Andrea from momfessionals to show and tell you something... today I am showing you and telling you about my personal style. 

I actually thought maybe I shouldn't participate in this link up because I don't really have "style" and I certainly don't ever feel like I am put together.  On most days I need to make an actual conscious effort to get dressed.  I have a closet full of amazing things but when it comes down to getting dressed every day I typically reach for sweats or yoga pants... After Ryan was born I said that I was going to try and make effort every day to get myself together because you feel so much better about yourself when you look good...

Most of my style is pretty basic.. I tend to buy a lot of the same items... If there is a white v neck t that I just LOVE, I buy several of them... I also buy a lot of neutrals... I tried once buying the items that were on trend, or in style and I found that for one most of the time I wouldn't reach for them as first choice and secondly my husband would make fun of me...

If there was one outfit to describe my most every day style it would be jeans, basic white tee and a pair of slip on sneakers or flip flops...





and if it was summer I probably will be wearing the same thing but with shorts....



Its basic, its classic and its comfortable... when you have two boys to chase after all day you want comfort.


slip on sneakers... just easy.


ankle length jeans and a sweatshirt....


I am not fashionable, or stylish.. but I am comfortable.


My every day jewelry is pretty simple.... I will wear fun stuff now and then but it actually is an effort for me to put on jewelry because I never think of it... 


Again with the jeans and slip on sneakers.  I never wear socks with them.. I probably should but I have yet to find a NO SHOW sock... if you have any suggestions please let me know.


I ordered a couple new things for summer... but still don't see how summer is even possible with this cold weather we have been having... so I threw a spring jacket in my cart as well.



One random section of my closet.... shows you a lot of flannel, plaids, and stripes.. basic, simple and boring.  In a couple weeks I will swap out the long sleeve plaids for tanks & tees.



I love these sperry sneakers.. I wear them a lot... they are navy blue but they have a tiny bit of maroon on the bottom.


Here is that field mechanic jacket I got from J.Crew.  I love it.. It is light weight but if you wanted, you can easily wear a hoodie under it to add an extra layer of warmth.


I ran to target to buy windex and dishwasher tablets and also came home with these jeans for $29... I always stroll through their clothing department... as soon as the weather gets warmer I will want to head back... I saw a really cute romper I think I need to have.


Here we go again with the white tee and jeans... favorite mom combo.


Although it is not that plain, it has a front pocket and a design on the back.... 
mom friendly, toddler approved.

I usually carry a cross body bag... lately I've been using my LV 35 and I added a strap so I can wear it free handed and I also carry around an LLBean orange back pack for the kids... I carry everything in there from snacks, diapers, clothes and waters... It is a life saver to have free hands when out with the kids.


If you want to see more of my favorite styles and what I like follow me on Pinterest.


A peak inside our home....
I keep a basket right next to the couch with our shoes in it.  We usually use the front door when entering and exiting and it is an easy way for the kids to keep their shoes, especially when its muddy out... we also throw in cleats and baseball gloves... easy to have everything in once place when we are on the go.


Throw pillows are from pottery barn. All of them are current except for the brown jute pillows.  Those were last season.. The sconces on the wall are from pottery barn but they don't sell them anymore.  I use battery operated candles in them and they are on a timer... so every night around 430 they go on and they are on for 12 hours.. I have two more sets of candle sconces that we keep on the fire place and they are set to turn on at the same time... it is nice to have automatic candlelight and I don't really worry about fire....




We keep our TV in this hutch... I will give a house tour when we have a little bit more of our house reno complete.  Right now I took down a lot of pictures and decor because of the dust that we accumulate from sanding etc.


Kids playroom is a disaster...normally I wouldn't post anything without cleaning and organizing first but I just wanted to give you a quick sneak peak.... Shark sign is from Pottery Barn Kids... the boys love it.


This cameron cubby system from pottery barn kids is a great way to organize small toys but keep them accessible.  We got this in February and the small rope storage baskets are still on back order and we are due to get them at the end of June.... UGH, its been a long 5 months of disorganization.. still waiting... only two more months.


The reading lighthouse is from pottery barn kids.... the kids play hide and seek in here, nap, and read books.... 

I promise to give a full before and after house tour soon... we just still have so much to do and never enough time.

Also, quick peak at our bathroom.


I would say my house style is a cross between rustic farmhouse + beach house... with a side of cozy...

Make sure to link up with us next time  We will be talking about our favorite vacations!  Which I could totally use right now.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...