Wednesday, April 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday


The last Wednesday of every month I am linking up with
The Larson Lingo, Mix & Match Family and Sheaffer Told Me To

Each month we answer these questions...



What we're eating this week...

Tacos!  We love tacos around here.  We usually have them once a hitch home and they're delicious.  It's easy, and fun for the kids.



What I'm reminiscing about...

My Goddaughter Madison.  We just celebrated her 9th birthday.  WOW, 9 years old.  It is crazy to think that much time has gone by.  She is the sweetest most caring littler girl in the whole world.  Here we are at the zoo near my house.  We had so many weekends together and I'll cherish all of them. 


Although this is a terrible photo, it will always be my sweetest memory.  I am on the phone with my doctor.  My water broke a month early.  I wasn't expecting to have a baby that day.  (OH, and during labor I made Matt take off his horrible striped wheres waldo t-shirt bc it was so distracting) HA



What I'm loving...

It is that time of year when you want those beachy wavey locks and you can get them with this bumble and bumble surf spray.  I use this before I use my curling wand and it works awesome.  It give just the right texture.  



What we've been up to...




We are working on our dining room.  We bought our house back in 2006.  It had blue and gold eagle wallpaper that I stripped off.  We painted the dining room a dark tan, added some primitive and antique type decor, put up some curtains, filled the dining room hutch with our wedding china and called it a day.  Fast forward a few years, and a couple kids and I wanted a change.  I no longer liked that antique cluttered look, with dark walls and dark curtains.  I wanted a fresh, brighter look.  My taste had changed and I convinced Matt to do some painting, which turned into tearing down walls, putting in a new kitchen and bath, updating our furniture and making our house finally a home.  So now we are in the process of finishing all of that.  We are working on our dining room built in hutch.  Where do I want shelves, how many cabinets, how many drawers, what will be displayed?!?! so many questions running through my head.  We will be doing a full before and after tour of the dining room. We also will take you on the long painful ride of home renovations as we get going.



What I'm dreading...

I am not really dreading home renovations but I kinda am.  I know that it is a lot of hard work... it is a lot of money, time and patience- but money well spent when you can finally sit back and enjoy your home.  We are going to work hard and it will be worth it.  This photo is our kitchen.  It has come a long way since this photo was taken but this is pretty much your worst nightmare right here.  



What I'm working on...
This blog and our home renovations.  I have a lot of spring cleaning to do.  However, I saw this funny meme once that said cleaning with kids in the house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos and it is so true.  I need to go through the kids closet and drawers and pack up their winter gear and start opening up their summer bins.  


Speaking of summer... We have our bucket list ready!



What I'm watching/reading...

I am so excited to share with you that I have Mix and Match Mama's cookbooks.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lady and all of her recipes.  I am so excited to now display them in my kitchen.  



What I am listening to...

I made a hitch goal that I was going to try and work out more and indeed I have... So with that comes a new play list of motivation music... my girl rihanna happens to motivate me... and we hit up the gym a few times a week together.. & I am really loving my play list... 


What I'm wearing...

I love my timex watch.  I need to wear a watch at the gym because the boys are only allowed in child watch for 90 minutes.  I don't want to be that mom that is late picking up her kids.


My sneakers are Brooks, size 6 (true to size) and my pants are from old navy.  They are pretty old.
I am wearing this black athleta hoodie.  The black color is on sale now!




PJ Salvage pajamas in Pink Paris from Nordstrom.  They are so lightweight and girly.  I am wearing a small and I think they fit true to size.  
This print is old but they have the cutest new ones in right now!

  

I love the 3/4 length sleeve.  I think it is perfect for summer!





My J.Crew New Balance sneakers in the color salt.  I am wearing a size 6 and they fit perfect.



Spanx Jeans / J. Crew T-shirt {similar}  / J. Crew Hoodie {similar} / Sperry Topsider Sneakers

How cute are these sneakers!?!?! I love them.  I love them so much I think I want them in ivory.


When I first got them my immediate thought was box them up, return them.  I am so glad I tried them on again.  They took all of 5 minutes to break them in and they are really comfortable. 



What I'm doing this weekend...
Saturday we will probably go to the farmers market in the morning.  I really want Matt to try the Birch Tree Bread Co. upstairs.  I can't stop dreaming about the vermonter toast that I got, it was so delicious.  We have a t-ball game in the afternoon and then we will probably work on the house for the rest of the day.  


The "Vermonter"
applewood smoked bacon & cabot sharp cheddar cream cheese with an apple maple chutney and housemade pancetta lardons on challah bread. 

Sunday morning I am going to church and then to spend the day with my sister.  Matt is leaving early Sunday morning for a week for a dirt bike trip with his friends.



What I'm looking forward to next month...

I think I am going to move our raised beds this year to a new location in our yard.  I think I am going to encounter some pros/cons but ultimately I want them closer to my kitchen.  See, this is the issue with having these beds so close together as they are now... each plant starts off so cute and small in their own corner but give them some sun and water and then they swallow you whole.  You can no longer walk in between the beds as you can now and it makes it really difficult to get your veggies.  So, with that being said... I am looking forward to figuring out a new lay out for our garden and I am going to really want to make the process of picking veggies a little more fun and a lot less like a scavenger hunt.


What else is new...


Just a slide.  That he went down 739,465 times.



Evan's first t-ball game is tonight.  He has been wearing his uniform pants all around the house practicing how fast he is going to run.  He wants to show you that he can jump really high in these pants and that he will be "super duper" fast.  These were the best photos because obvi- he was super duper fast.


BONUS QUESTION
What is your favorite mother's day gift to give or receive?

I think my most favorite gift to receive would be anything sentimental.  My first mother's day I got the most beautiful book of photos of my pregnancy and my birth, and most of Evan's first year.  I loved it.  It was awesome, and I cried like a baby when I opened it.  This mother's day I am going to the spa for an entire Saturday.  I have a day full of amazing treatments and I can't wait.  

We've always gone to brunch on Mother's Day for my mom and it is always fun.  My mom just loves having all her kids together and if you throw in an all you can eat buffet of lobster tails, well that is the ultimate gift for her.

This will be Matt's second time home with me on Mother's Day and I am really looking forward to it. 




3 comments:

  1. I totally had to laugh at making your husband take the shirt off during labor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some day I should write our birth story because it is pretty funny. Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...