Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday Favorites


I am linking up with Erika, Narci & Andrea to bring you my favorites for the week.  I have a bittersweet relationship with this weekend because Matt is leaving early early Sunday morning to take his dirt bike up to Canada with a friend for a week.  It also means I will be placed under paint arrest until he gets home- meaning, my job will be to paint the dining room while he's gone!   UGH.  I loathe painting.  


one

Evan had his first game the other day and it was so much fun.  I am SO SO SO proud of him.  I am looking forward to a fun season with friends and seeing these boys play is really fun!  The hour is pretty comical.  


Evan ran out of right field in the middle of the inning to ask to go to his best friend Chase's house after the game!


These boys will be trouble.


two

I started back up on my Ideal Protein diet March 1.... and I am finally able to fit into my favorite jeans!! :)  They are Citizens of Humanity 'Emmanuelle" slim bootcut in harbor petite.  I am wearing a size 27 ... They still are a teeny bit tight but I am excited none the less.  

I bought these jeans forever ago and they are so worn and thin that I just can't let go.  I am short so to have a pair of jeans that hit at just the right height for flats is a must have in my book.  I also love the wash/color.  I think its a perfect match to any casual tee or dressy/fancy top... LOVE THEM!


three

First cone of the season.  We had to take our car in to be serviced and we had a little bit of time to waste so we decided to treat ourselves to some ice cream.  I am looking forward to so many more days of this.  


Fun Fact:  My water broke while eating a double scoop coffee ice cream in a sugar cone August 8, 2012... It was Matt's birthday... and it was this bench :)  Fast forward two years and here we are, sitting on the bench, hoping that the same coffee ice cream would do the trick... 

Ryan was a week late! so, nope... it didn't work.... but this bench will forever be my favorite spot to eat an ice cream... probably not for anyone else haha....

Also, fast forward a year from here and we celebrated Evan's 3rd birthday at this dairy farm.

four

I make these no bake energy bites for the kids.  I usually make a batch a week and they are all different.  The kids love them and they don't even realize that they are healthy for them.  

1 cup of dry oatmeal
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup of ground flaxseed 
1/3 cup of honey
1 tsp of vanilla

five

Im. All. Out.... and I am sad.  This is my scent... and I LOVE IT.  However, I am all out and I need to make a run to the mall because I feel naked without it.  I love when I walk by someone and they're wearing it... it is almost like I want to stop them and say OMG I love your perfume.. you're wearing coco mademoiselle... but I think I would be a little creepy.

six

The mother of all cordless vacuums.  I am obsessed with vacuuming.  I am obsessed with cleaning and organizing in general but vacuuming is taking it to a whole other level.  A couple years ago Matt installed central vac in our house and I SWEAR it is the best thing he has ever done for me... aside from tickling my arm for 14 hours of labor... 

However, I have been literally taking that central vac out about 4-5 times a day, no joke.  I just hate to leave the house with crumbs on the floors.... and not to mention we have three slobering werwolves that live with us... one of them a shedding crazy saint bernard.. so he got me this vacuum as a quick and easy pull out and BAM, miracles happen.  I have it mounted on the inside of the basement staircase and I am head over heels in love with it.  It also has a bunch of attachments.. perfect for kids high chairs, or in b/n the couch cushions... this is a must have product if you are a cleaning/vacuuming junkie like me.



OH!  and did you see that they made a hair dryer!!!
I want it.

seven


We are making progress on the hutch.  One thing we've noticed is that it takes a really long time to dry in between coats of joint compound so we feel that it is slowing us down a little.  


This is where we are at right now... Literally waiting for paint to dry.... I am so excited for the after product, but we are so far away from that.  I am really thankful for my handy husband and all his hard work.  This is going to be my favorite room... I am looking forward to eating many family dinners in this room, the boys doing their homework and school projects at the dining room table, and all our family holidays to come.... 


Have a great weekend!!  I heard we are going to have some really cold temperatures next week and I am not looking forward to it at all!  boo!


Also, don't forget to check out these lovely ladies!



6 comments:

  1. great post friend! so glad i came across your blog! hope you'll stop by mine! happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.... I stopped by your blog.. Loved your bathing suite choice.... so cute.

      Delete
  2. We have the same perfume! I love that one and I knocked my bottle off the counter a few weeks ago. Seeing your post reminded me I need to restock! I too feel naked without it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolly is my family nickname... so funny. Thanks for stopping over!

      Delete
  3. adorable photos of your big guy playing ball !!! He is a cutie !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...