Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday Friends!  I am linking up to bring you all of my favorite things this week.  We don't have any grand plans for the weekend but we are hoping for some nice weather to get out and enjoy some playgrounds.  


one

OPI Second Honeymoon is exactly the right color for spring.  It is so fresh and so clean looking... I usually go with Bubble Bath almost every time but they changed the formula and it doesn't really look that great anymore.  This is also my go to in the summer because I think it looks great with a tan.


two

Have you ever done a homemade face scrub?  It is so good I could eat it.  All you need is fresh strawberries, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 tbsp of coconut oil.

In a small mixing bowl combine the sugar and coconut oil.  Combine well.
Cut your fresh strawberries up into tiny pieces and then place in your sugar mixture.  Using a spoon start mashing the strawberries together and mix it all together.  Once everything is combined you'll want to store it in an airtight container.

When you are ready to use, wet your face with a damp cloth and grab a good amount of the mixture and gently massage into your skin.  Allow this to set for a few minutes and then rinse off with warm water.  Pat Dry.  Moisturize & Enjoy.
Amazing.


three

I am sharing this with you because I feel it will help your life.  We have 3 large, very messy dogs.  Oh yah, and two kids.  I have accomplished this checklist in as little as 40 minutes.  I have faith you can to.  I usually only wipe down the microwave a few times a week, but I do vacuum and wash my floors EVERYDAY.  YES.  EVERYDAY.  It is a work out.  Really, no it is.  If you are on my fitness pal 45 minutes of vigorous cleaning can burn off a couple cookies... so bust your butt, clean your checklist and then sit down and enjoy a cookie. or two.


four


In each smoothie, I aim to include the following three categories



Fruit- which is loaded with vitamins, antioxidants and fiber
Greens- which are high in iron and folate
Healthy Fats- which are necessary for brain development



The amount of these ingredients can vary in each smoothie, but the general ratio I use looks something like this:

1 cup water
1 cup frozen fruit
1-2 handfuls of leafy greens
1 serving of fat (i.e 1 teaspoon of oil, 1/4 avocado, 1 tbsp of nut butter)
extra add-in, such as dates, fresh ginger, or cinnamon

Below you'll find a few helpful combinations that my kids have already approved.

  


five

My favorite flower is a rose... BUT my other favorite flower is hands down !!!!


I just can't help myself.  I go to the market and I need them.  My kids need them.  You will get the best feeling bringing them home, placing them in a vase and waking up to them every morning.


six


We are getting so close I can feel it... I am looking at the upcoming weather and I am seeing 70's!  HUGE WIN.  I can't wait.  Spring cleaning is like nesting all over again but without the weight gain, swollen feet and stretch marks.

We are gearing up for spring break.... AHHHH I have nothing planned.  No swim lessons, no playgroups.  What am I going to do.... Where are we going to go!! help, send in reinforcements.

4 comments:

  1. I love that OPI nail polish color!! I need to make the green smoothies for my little one!
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, you do. I even drink them! :) so good

      - Thank you for following!

      Delete
  2. That nail polish...LOVE!!! Also love all the smoothie info ;) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Weekend to you!!! Thank you for reading.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...